Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 5:55 pm

MJIthewriter wrote:
I enjoy the outdoors, except for winter and bad weather.
Although thunderstorms get me all wound up and hyper. If there's hail, I'm out there trying to catch it.

Same here.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 6:32 pm

I love rafting, down a river, I live in Calgary and go on the Bow River in the summer, also like camping but haven't been in 15 years

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 7:00 pm

I like to, as much as I can to be honest..

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 7:17 pm

I forgot to include barbecuing, I bbq no matter what the weather is doing, even when its -35º c or -31º f and in the middle of a blizzard

Last edited by spudnik on 21 Mar 2008, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tybald
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2008, 7:18 pm

Yeah I love the outdoors too. I don't get out as much as I'd like due to work/university commitments but I still get out when I can. I love going on my own in any weather (especially the sort most people wouldn't even consider going hiking in) and practicing my orienteering skills etc. I also love the solitude and self-reliance of camping.

Jeyradan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2008, 12:20 am

spudnik wrote:
I forgot to include barbecuing, I bbq no matter what the weather is doing, even when its -35º c or -31º f and in the middle of a blizzard

Yep.
I live in Edmonton.
I don't believe there is a month of the year, -45 C included, that we haven't done something on the barbecue.
The best part is when there's major windchill (as above) and you spend ten minutes getting suited up to spend two minutes at the barbecue, then come back inside and take it all off again.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 1:14 am

Edmonton thats my home town, been living in cowtown, for 4 years, I am so homesick

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 2:43 am

I would like to do a bunch of activies outdoors if I had somebody to do it with.

asperity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Mar 2008, 3:49 am

Being alone outdoors is bliss.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 4:02 am

Yeah, only when there's no people [that I don't know].

Same with indoors, I guess.

Krista_The_Pixie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2008, 12:03 am

Jeyradan wrote:
My favorite hobbies. If I don't get regular doses of camping, hiking, climbing, trail running, canoeing, whatever... during the summer, I get very restless (in terms of wanting to go somewhere and do something). In the winter, I enjoy camping, hiking and skiing (XC and alpine).

I feel this way too, in all seasons. This has been the best winter for me because I was actually able to do practically everything I wanted outdoors. I've never been skiing, though, and I would like to. Maybe next year.

To me, things never feel dull or depressing when I'm out in nature. Indoors I can tend to feel stifled or bored, but outside, the air just feels different, invigorating.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 12:30 am

Am I the only Aspie that likes to hunt and fish? I don't hunt too much anymore, because I am now a fellon, and lost my priviledges to posess/own a gun, but I still fish periodically throughout the year. I also like to ride atvs, camp, hike, and maybe biking again, someday. I grew up next to the forest, and enjoy just about anything related to the outdoors. It's in my blood. :wink:

Those who know, don't speak.

MusicMaker1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2008, 12:41 am

I love the outdoors too.. I wish I could find a job that involved being outdoors.. Some people have said that the work of a forester is pretty solitary and they are outside all the time.. I wonder if I could do that as a career..

I like to eat fish, but have never been good at catching them.. maybe with a little practice ; )

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 2:32 am

^ Ah catchin fish is easy, the hard part for me sometimes is getting the hook out of the fish mouth. It gets really crammed up in there sometimes.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 3:36 am

spudnik wrote:
I love rafting, down a river, I live in Calgary and go on the Bow River in the summer, also like camping but haven't been in 15 years

Haha, the Bow river is so shallow you could walk across. (I used to live in your city. :) )

I'm definately an outdoors person when I have time... which is rarely. I love hiking the most, but I'm also a really good skiier, except lift tickets are so expensive. :x

MattD
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2008, 3:43 am

i like to go to the beach at nite by myself