Feeling alone means being on your own or alone with others?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Morrissey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Mar 2008, 6:46 pm

Hi, I just got back with being with my Dad and my grandparents, I had a nice time although i'm very different from the rest of my family.

It just occurred to me that I feel more at ease with life and more belonging to the world when i'm in Neverland i.e in my own dream world - home alone.

I feel more alone when i'm around other people. That's like the opposite to most of society, no wonder I don't fit anywhere!

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 7:05 pm

This is a common thing alot of us have here, although not everyones the same. I'm abit of both, like abit of my own time but also like being around the people I like.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

23 Mar 2008, 7:35 pm

I can relate to this.
Even though you are surrounded by people...still are lonely. Yet you can sit alone and go to Neverland and NOT be lonely.
It's conflicting really, as either way, your not bonding with other people.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 7:47 pm

Morrissey wrote:
Hi, I just got back with being with my Dad and my grandparents, I had a nice time although i'm very different from the rest of my family.

It just occurred to me that I feel more at ease with life and more belonging to the world when i'm in Neverland i.e in my own dream world - home alone.

I feel more alone when i'm around other people. That's like the opposite to most of society, no wonder I don't fit anywhere!

I felt this way today with my family, there were 15 of us altogether. I spent most of my time today in my own little world, which I do most of the time anyway. You truly can be alone in a crowd.

joefish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Mar 2008, 8:54 pm

I know that feeling well was at a wedding reception last nite, we had to get a coach there , i planned out every thing no problem, but soon as we arrived i went into panic. IT was my gf's best friends wedding so she was the only person i knew. i just went strait to alchol lots of it and quickly then spent very large percentage of the night looking at the Lighting rig. but it helped , Joe

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 9:08 pm

I can also relate, for some people do not understand me. I prefer my own pursuits. I do not think most of my Family

would understand my AS. I wish you all well.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2008, 4:46 pm

I can feel pretty alone even when surrounded by people.