Aspies Bashing NT? Are you for it or against it?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you hate NT?
Yes 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
No. 94%  94%  [ 58 ]
Total votes : 62

mikegee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2008, 10:29 am

i understand, totally. i have my bad days when i wish there was an asperger city i could move to, to live and work in, and not have to deal with so much silliness in the NT world. there, i said it. i dont mean that as a bash to NTs. Let's face the facts; it's an NT world out there. There's no getting around it.

One of my hobbies is going on the net and looking for islands that are for sale: i kid you not. check it out:

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/

also, i remember, in 1st grade, my parents were called to the school because i had a habit of going to this one cement turtle in the playground, crawling underneath it, pushing the gravel up to the open sides of the bottom of the turtle, just to get away from the other kids. they thought i was being anti-social, and at age 6, i still vividly remember doing this. i remember doing it becuase school was bothering me becuase i felt over stimulated, and why did i have to spend all this time in this building with other kids learning things i didnt want to learn. and the bulies were targeting me.

and another time, when i was 12 or 13, and we had a family counseling session so me and my sister could talk about why my parents were divorcing, and i got mad at the counselor, and my parents, and told them its not my fault that they were divorcing, and that i was offended that they would try and involve me in their problem. hehe pretty articulate for a 12 year old, huh?

All these are examples of how i feel about the world at large. why do aspies always have to deal with others' expectations, plans, indoctrination and issues, and since we dont even want to have to be involved with petty circumstances that are so ego based as well as conformist in nature, i'm afraid we have no choice but to understand NTs...

unless of course, we all pitch in, buy an island together, and live happily ever after. ;) wouldn't that be perfect? i can dream...

mike
http://www.myspace.com/mikegeorgemusic

ghostofzoelund
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2008, 11:16 am

I look at islands too! And cabins off in the woods in the middle of nowhere...

An Aspie island would be great, except we'd have our utopia all built up, and then someone would come along and want to steal it from us, and we'd be like, "oh, okay, I guess...."

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 11:29 am

I don't agree with bashing NTs for the sake of it or making that group an excuse for anything but I do think its perfectly alright to let off steam and use the general term of NT so that people know what I am talking about. As someone else said, its an NT world and really, who exactly is going to be hurt by such a huge generalisation unless you name a specific NT?

It is very useful to be able to use the term NT because other Aspies understand the frustrations, it could be made into the word 'people' but I think that is less useful.

Personally, I get on with my Aspie and NT friends very well for the most part but there ARE differences and its being able to come to a site like this that I find helpful when I need to talk about how those differences are or have, affected me.