Aspies Bashing NT? Are you for it or against it?

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you hate NT?
Yes 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
No. 94%  94%  [ 58 ]
Total votes : 62

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 7:37 pm

If you generalise about NTs in a negative way then you go on a slippery slope towards being
poisoned by prejudice.
In any case,NTs don't necessarily have an easier life,they're not immune to worry or anxiety. I try to look on everyone as
individuals who will doubtless have their good side and their faults.

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

21 Mar 2008, 7:45 pm

I'm NT and don't take offence at NT-bashing. I think it's a legitimate form of venting.

However, NT bashing could be a problem if it meant NT's were excluded. This has not been the case for me on WrongPlanet.

Aspies and NT's need to work together to promote support, acceptance and understanding of Autism/Asperger's in the community.

In the meantime, feel free to bash NT's! I often find it amusing because it makes me realise how ridiculous some things that I do/ think are.

Helen

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 7:50 pm

Aspies seem to think that NT's are a different race
like Romulans and Vulcans
they don't realise that we're all the same
they think all NT's are evil and bad
makes me really mad and sad
I, at times, feel ashamed to be in the "aspie community"
it can be extremely malicious

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 7:55 pm

I'm against it. Theres some nice NTs + AS people, no-one should be tied in the same boat just because of one.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 8:01 pm

I don't hate NT's at all. But I see nothing wrong with bashing them as long as it's all in good fun.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 8:02 pm

Maybe we should assimilate them Kilroy.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 8:04 pm

I'm against it as much as I'm against the other way around. There are a lot of ways I wish I were more NT. I don't like being anxious and doing dumb stuff that makes me look as though I am less intelligent than I really am.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 8:22 pm

You may like bashing NTs but I prefer bashing in my way by throwing a bash party.

IT PARTY TIME! Food and drink on the house!

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 9:01 pm

You probably don't like being generalized about, right? Well, to turn around and to do it to another group of people different from yourself is just hypocritical. And biased. And bigoted. etc etc etc

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Roseduelist
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2008, 9:31 pm

We all have our cross to bear and it is okay to complain about it sometimes. However, you shouldn't let that be the main focus of your life or otherwise it will haunt you and wear you down.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2008, 9:40 pm

I think someone who advocates negativity towards, and public "bashing" of an entire group of people isn't a very good person. Um...remember the Ku Klux Klan? Weren't they REALLY against a certain group of people?

I do verbally bash idiots though, but generally only to the company I am with at that moment. Yes, I hated getting picked on when I was younger, and I hate being ostracized now because I'm "weird". People are also hateful towards me because I don't make small talk, and I seldom say, "Hello" to adults...do people really need validation all that much? Evidently the answer is YES. Last night I went to a restaurant and ordered something, but I said, "Please don't put a raw garnish (bean sprouts) on top...just throw it in the stir-fry and cook them with the rest of it." The cashier takes the order, tells the cook, the cook completes my order perfectly. The cashier then throws raw-ness all OVER my plate of noodles. With her bare hand. That just handled cash money. I freaked out...that is seriously stupid! But, I'm not going to assume that all cashiers are stupid.

Do most people on this board think that any really intelligent person must have ASD? What about kind people? Do they have a disorder? Long and short, NT bashing is juvenile and a waste of time.

Rowen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Mar 2008, 9:58 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Aspies seem to think that NT's are a different race
like Romulans and Vulcans
they don't realise that we're all the same
they think all NT's are evil and bad
makes me really mad and sad
I, at times, feel ashamed to be in the "aspie community"
it can be extremely malicious

NO WE ARE NOT THE SAME. Our brains are wired differently and we think differently and act different. You can try as hard as you can to act like an NT and think your passing, but the NT's will know. One little slip up is all it takes. I never stim or have melt-downs in public. But still NT's will say i'm weird, strange, bizarre etc. Most NT just don't like or accept anyone who is "different''.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 10:06 pm

Rowen wrote:
NO WE ARE NOT THE SAME.

No two people are, regardless of AS or NT.

We are all human beings. So, yes, in that sense we are the same.

Semi_Lost_Serenity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2008, 10:27 pm

I may bash NT's in the heat of a meltdown, but, as a general rule of thumb and once I'm calmer, I know it's not always neccessarily the NT's. I do believe that there is a difference in how NTs and Aspies think. However, at the base of all of that, I have to remind myself that everyone is human. We are all individuals, even within our groups.

I do try treat people with respect - even if they are mean or unfair to me. I'm sometimes too nice and need to learn to be meaner (stand up for myself).

It's frustrating to not want to bash NT's. Especially when it seems like you're constantly being pushed down or back because you're "different". Then again, there's always two sides of the coin. Most NTs have not been raised to be aware of differences, so they go with the "herd pack" mentality - which is normal in most social circles. So, really - no one can be blamed. Unfortunatly, it's just how it is. We are all humans - neither is truly better or worse than anyone else. It's just the perception of the social pecking ladder which makes it seem thus (if that makes sense).

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 10:51 pm

we are all humans
just because we think a bit differently doesn't mean we aren't the same as them on the inside
lungs, heart, eyes
they are our species
we treat them like malevolent oppressors, people criticize what they do not understand-we are a flawed species
and MidnightJudge-most of them are assimilated

Noelle

22 Mar 2008, 12:07 am

Hypocritical to bash when one does not like being bashed.

Not all of the people are NTs out there. Consider them pre-diagnosed instead. Not everybody has their diagnosis tattooed on their forehead.