Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 11:37 am

I'm definitely the fantasy type. I spend probably well over half my waking hours in the world I created, playing with my imaginary friends.

Last edited by IdahoRose on 26 Mar 2008, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 1:12 pm

I think I'm the Negative Boy

TheRani
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Mar 2008, 1:18 pm

I think I'm a fantasy/rules aspie. I am into sci-fi, fantasy, video games, RPGs, anime, and music. I remember my 4th grade teacher complaining on multiple occasions to my parents when I was a kid, "She's really smart, but she's always off in her own little world." At that point my parents figured, "Maybe she's gifted and she's not being challenged enough!" They were mistaken. I really was just a bright little girl who was always off in her own little world. The teacher called it. Unfortunately, in the early 80's, nobody had a clue about AS.

I make procedures in my head for pretty much everything. Each task I normally perform at work has its own procedure. Tasks I perform at home have their own procedures. The route I take when I go for a walk has its own procedure. If I don't have a procedure in my head for something I need to do, then I get confused, and I start having to take long pauses to think things over and make a new procedure.

I especially have difficulties when I'm trying to drive to a place where I've never gone before. It can be a place I've driven past every day on the way to someplace else, but I won't know how to get there, because I never made a procedure in my head for, "How to Drive from Point A to Point B," for those specific values of A and B. Sometimes if there is a landmark (to me, this means another place I already have a procedure for) near my destination, then I'll be able to create a new procedure on the fly by cloning the procedure for that landmark and modifying it a little. If there isn't a landmark, I'll have to extensively plan the trip and bring a printed map with me the first few times I go there, and allow lots of extra time in case I get lost. It's especially bad when I have passengers who want to me to change destinations or add additional stops to our itinerary while I'm in the middle of following a driving procedure. Getting me really confused when I'm behind the wheel is a nice recipe for disaster.

silentchaos
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Mar 2008, 1:22 pm

Logic/Fantasy for sure. :)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 4:28 pm

Fantasy/ADD/Emotional/Anxiety.....not necc. in that order....fun fun!!
I say fantasy since my whole life revolves around art/music.....i am not so much into Sci-fi or "Fantasy"...as a kid I was in my own little world and was constantly making up stories...

LonelyCat
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2008, 4:33 pm

Even though this refers to one gender, not taking in to account that there are FEMALE aspies out there, I am a fantasy aspie. I live in my own head all the time.

loske
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2008, 6:17 pm

I'm a logic girl / emotion (OCD) girl.
It sure makes for an awful lot of rules :)

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 7:04 pm

All of the above, to differing extents, depending on my mood and mindset.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 3:29 am

As a child, OCD/Logic and sometimes Angry boy. As a younger teenager (12-16ish) Negative/Logic Boy. Now? OCD/Logic/Fantasy Boy. The only issue people point out I really have in my life is my need for LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC. THINGS HAVE TO MAKE SENSE ARGHHHHH. :evil: :evil: :evil: Seriously, if a rule isn't spelt out for me, I don't know about it. I STILL need a reason for every little limitation/rule placed on me if I can't make sense of it myself. LOGIC BOY defines my entire life.

Quote:
For the Logic Boy, understanding precedes cooperation.

f**k YEAH
What's life without over-analyzing everything?

Chadk

27 Mar 2008, 3:51 am

Totally logic boy! :D :D

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

27 Mar 2008, 4:55 am

I'm probably closest to the "Negative GIRL" and "Anxiety GIRL".

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 9:30 am

As a child I was somewhere between paranoid and anxious girl. The paranoid stopped making sense when it talked about wanting to be violent. I never had those urges and never wished harm upon others, but I did see the world as adversarial and felt I constantly needed to maintain a good offensive to fend off attacks. I can't say this is entirely abnormal, since I was often a target and lacked the social skills to discern whether kindness was actual or just a ploy to get my guard down. The anxious part comes in because I could not tolerate even mild or simple changes in routine. I recall having a meltdown once because the shape and texture of an apple bran muffin I used to eat every day was changed by the manufacturer. It took me weeks to get over that (not the meltdown, just making the adjustment). I still have major struggles with routine changes.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 9:38 am

Logic / Fantasy / ADHD for me - an odd combo I suppose

My son would likely be a cross of fantasy and emotion

I'm my own guinea pig.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 10:37 am

probably a mix of ADHD and fantasy.

I don't know, there's something odd about that site... it seems like it just pic-and-mixes a lot of disorders, adds a vague description and then recommends 'medication'...

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 11:01 am

Lene wrote:
probably a mix of ADHD and fantasy.

I don't know, there's something odd about that site... it seems like it just pic-and-mixes a lot of disorders, adds a vague description and then recommends 'medication'...
dont ask for me...coz i dont see anythink weird on that side...since it migth be spycoloticks do this kind of decisions about restaints and meds

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 11:38 am

adhd & fantasy with a smidgen of angry boy

Lene wrote:

yeah i noticed that too.