Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 11:33 am

Oh,I squeal all the time!When I'm happy,when I'm hyper,when I'm excited...

-SpaceCase :D

acousticvalley
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2005, 11:34 am

Last edited by acousticvalley on 09 Nov 2005, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fiddler
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2005, 11:39 am

I do lots of noises that make other people turn and watch me incredulously.
And I can't sing in the "normal" way: "lalalaaaa lalaaa laaaa..." I do things like: "brobro briiii frshhhhh shhhh..."
I have also a great propensity to mew and purr like a cat.

Liadain
Raven
Raven

05 Oct 2005, 12:48 pm

Like Fiddler, I squeal a lot and do strange singing, and have plenty of other noises I let loose in certain situations. I call them my "sound effects" and when people look at me incredulously I tend to say, "Oh, sorry, I turned my sound effects on" which only tends to make them even more incredulous. :lol:

thepeaguy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Oct 2005, 1:23 pm

acousticvalley wrote:
PhoenixKitten wrote:
Oooh yes, I squee too! I'm full of odd little noises! Lately I've taken to just humming either a single pitch or a sliding pitch note when I exhale to 'soothe' myself. I get really squee when I'm excited, and get all grrry and ughy and mrrrrrowy when I'm frustrated or gruff. Oh, and I also get PRRRREET when I'm happy! I went all squealy with surprise today too... apparently squeaking and stuff isn't uncommon for Auties... Glad I'm not the only one!

Aren't you deaf? Can deaf people hear themselves squeal? I thought that would have been impossible.

*cough* Hearing aids. *cough*

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:45 pm

I squeal when startled. At least I think that's what it's called. High pitched yelling noise is squealing, right?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:49 pm

Fiddler wrote:
I do lots of noises that make other people turn and watch me incredulously.
And I can't sing in the "normal" way: "lalalaaaa lalaaa laaaa..." I do things like: "brobro briiii frshhhhh shhhh..."

I do that, to. I'm always singing random things. :P

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Oct 2005, 6:04 pm

I don't think it nessicarly has to be high pitch, if I am upset the sound may be low kind of whinning, but if i'm happy then higher sounding...I think it might be easier to tell someone how your feeling by making these kinds of sounds rather than by your face or eyes...or even words at times.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 8:22 pm

I used to squeal as a kid, especially when suddenly frightened, in a scary situation, or when excited. My parents were very unhappy with that, so I eventually learned to replace it with something else. So how I yell out "hey!" when scared, or scream "whoohoo" or "hell yeah" when excited.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 9:05 pm

When I get excited, more often than anything, I say "Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" and maybe hum a little or something.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 3:02 am

Fiddler wrote:

Oooh so do I! :D

acousticvalley wrote:
Aren't you deaf? Can deaf people hear themselves squeal? I thought that would have been impossible.

thepeaguy wrote:
*cough* Hearing aids. *cough*

*grins* I love it! All of it! Sir Pea, not all Deafies have hearing aids! I most certainly don't! However, this has less to do with my dislike of hearing aids and far more to do with the fact that I'm hearing! In answer to acoustic's question "can deaf people hear (themselves squeal)", it depends on how deaf the person is and in what frequencies. Because squealing is high pitched, a person who is only deaf to low frequencies will still hear themselves squeal. You are right however that usually when a person is said to be deaf, they are deaf enough to not pick up pitch.

Many thanks for the compliment though! It just so happens that my interest in Deafness doesn't originate from my own deafness![/quote]

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 3:06 pm

I don't squeal because I don't sound cute when i do it. But i do make "meh"ing noises like the cat from something positive. And roll. And other non-verbal expressions. Usually I express all of my happiness online in the form of ^_^. That's so happy!! !! ! Eeeee!! !! ! *bites someone*

I don't actually do any of these things in real life. Too tiring. But i do feel them in my head.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 8:32 pm

chamoisee wrote:
I know a HFA woman who squeals quite a lot, often when happy.

I squeal somewhat, not a lot. I do have a lot of other non-verbal sounds that mean things and that I often resort to when words fail me or seem insufficient or when I cannot talk.

I do not squeal, maybe I did when I was a lot younger.

Elk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2005, 9:56 pm

sometimes. mostley though i like looking at myself in the mirror