Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

BesideYouInTime
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2008, 6:36 pm

Anyone else sleep an incredible amount of the day away? I sleep 14-16 hours a day, every day of the year. That can't be normal. I don't think it's mono because it's been going on for years now.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Mar 2008, 6:48 pm

I go through phases like that, but they are due to health issues. Maybe you should get yourself checked out by a doc.

Joeygeorge
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Mar 2008, 7:07 pm

i got through stages of hyper and in somnia

SirGIBaLOT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2008, 7:22 pm

I have the same problem. I need at least 12 hours sleep otherwise i get very aggressive if i wake sooner. I can't help it. When someone wakes me up it's like they have ruined everything and they irritate me. On the other hand if i don't choose to sleep then i can go for days without any serious pyschological problems (anyone stayed awake so long they start to hallucinate?) and sometimes i do that to try and reclaim those lost hours! I mainly stay awake for days constantly adding more and more information to the metadata of my 300GBs of mp3s. It makes me so happy but is such a waste of time. I'm compleled to do it.

JohKnip

31 Mar 2008, 8:26 pm

i sleep alot, i dont have much to do so i dont see it as a problem. when i do go to school and get a job ill be able to adapt, just be a little tired.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 8:30 pm

BesideYouInTime wrote:
Anyone else sleep an incredible amount of the day away? I sleep 14-16 hours a day, every day of the year. That can't be normal. I don't think it's mono because it's been going on for years now.

I think it have to do with ADD.

People with ADD and Asperger can spent countless hours on one thing.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 9:19 pm

it can be other things, based on your age and weight. I do a lot of that from diabetes...

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 10:42 pm

I sleep the whole day away at times. I do get hypersomnia and some days get insomnia. I never get the normal amount of sleep. Mine is due to the psych meds that I take. They knock me out all day and make me tired. I am always tired. There are days where I sleep 16 hours and days where I sleep only an hour.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 10:54 pm

when I was battling depression I would sleep for 24 to 36 hours, because of the vivid dreams I was getting. At the time my dream life was better then my real life, I have also had severe bouts of insomnia, lasting several months.