What are some of the stupidest questions you've ever heard?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 2:18 am

It has been storming periodically over the past week, and I swear every time I go somewhere, someone always asks "is it wet out there?" or "how bad is it?" I usually figure if I walked in soaked just from going from the car to the store, it's probably pretty obvious... I assume they are making small talk... or something like that.

But it's when people state the obvious in the form of a question that really annoys me. Or if they know you're going back out into the rain and they yell "stay dry!"... lol.

I'm my own guinea pig.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 2:59 am

markaudette wrote:
"Really? Where did you learn that?"

That's the most stupid question I have ever been asked.

Or: "how should you know this"? I am a bookworm so I know many facts others don't (well, even completely useless trivia I acquired this way, trivia that may come in handy only in tv quiz shows still amazes people surrounding me as if it was a kind of forbidden knowledge, almost impossible to get). I was being asked several times what some words mean and I found those questions stupid because words I was asked about didn't belong to the most sophisticated, for example what is it vigvam or "what does it mean that one is zealous" or what such terms like communism and anal are (those last ones weren't asked to me but to my high school teachers by girls from my class at my presence - they were asking SERIOUSLY) 8O

Recently I also encountered an "intelligent" question: "How do you do this that you know so many English words? Do you learn them or does the knowledge of them come to you in a natural way?" 8O :roll: God, how can a knowledge of foreign words come to me naturally? I don't live in an English speaking country.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 3:32 am

"Are you ret*d?"

"No, I have an accent."

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 3:37 am

Dumbest question hmm well "how are you?" really gets me at the moment.
Why ask how I am? I look like crap have dark circles under my eyes, feel extremely tired and they ask "how are you?", Give me a break :lol:

05 Apr 2008, 3:42 am

When I was 17, I put a package of depends underwear on the checkout counter. The cashier picks them up and says "And what are these?"

When I was shopping at a Goodwill, I put diapers on the counter and the lady says "You're having a baby?" and you could tell they were not baby diapers. Then the lady said "Oh oh oh oh," when she realized what they were. I bet she was embarrassed.

I have also been asked what I am doing when they can clearly see what I am doing.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 3:42 am

Mum2ASDboy wrote:
Dumbest question hmm well "how are you?" really gets me at the moment.
Why ask how I am? I look like crap have dark circles under my eyes, feel extremely tired and they ask "how are you?", Give me a break :lol:

I also hate that question. The thing is, that I've been asked that one a lot, this week. That makes it even more stupid.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 3:44 am

Another question that I think is stupid, is this one.

"Aren't you a bit old for that?"

People are never too old, to have fun.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 9:31 am

CityAsylum wrote:
KateShroud wrote:
Aren't these people geniuses? *very sarcastic*

Yeah, it makes you wonder if minimum wage is sometimes not low enough :wink:

YEAH, such people should be *******HAPPY******* they even have a job. Very low skilled jobs are supposed to be for TEENAGERS and the like and, as such, lower waged. They idea of MANDATING a higher wage is CRAZY! It makes things more expensive, so inflation occurs, and EVERYONE hurts.

ButchCoolidge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Apr 2008, 10:43 am

markaudette wrote:
That wasn't very nice Butch.

Perhaps not, but most of these posts are very mean-spirited (especially considering a lot of the questions being made fun of aren't THAT dumb). I just thought I'd join the fun!

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2008, 10:55 am

nobodyzdream wrote:
It has been storming periodically over the past week, and I swear every time I go somewhere, someone always asks "is it wet out there?" or "how bad is it?" I usually figure if I walked in soaked just from going from the car to the store, it's probably pretty obvious... I assume they are making small talk... or something like that.

But it's when people state the obvious in the form of a question that really annoys me. Or if they know you're going back out into the rain and they yell "stay dry!"... lol.

I believe the wonderful comedian known as Bill Engvall (sp?) refers to that very type of situation in his signature line "here's your sign." He has some really funny examples of "belaboring the obvious."

One of my favorites was when he was on a plane that was stuck on the tarmac waiting for takeoff; it was delayed because the plane had hit a deer while beginning to taxi in preparation for takeoff. He was talking to his wife about it and she asked, he kids you not, "were you in the air at the time." He sarcastically said "yes, and we hit Santa's sleigh also." :lol:

Life is not about waiting out storms, but learning to dance in the rain-Anonymous

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:57 am

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
Work at a McDonalds, that person won't seem dumb anymore. Seriously. No, seriously, you have to ring it up with a sauce, then add no sauce. And if you've had a long day, being stupid just happens. McDonalds is built to be run by idiots, just telling you.

Your point is well taken, and I do feel guilty about getting all smirky about a nice, hardworking kid in McDonald's, really.

It's just that most employees will silently do that particular transaction without involving me in the 'decision.' I found the exchange to be wonderfully absurd.
:)

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 11:52 am

I was getting in my truck one day and my NT step-brother asked me "Ya goin' somewhere?" I said "No, I'm moving into my truck." Here's your sign.

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 12:04 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
I was getting in my truck one day and my NT step-brother asked me "Ya goin' somewhere?" I said "No, I'm moving into my truck." Here's your sign.

Hahahahaha :lol:

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 12:36 pm

"What's wrong?"

I get so sick of this question.
I'll tell you what's wrong-
I'm in a bastion of idiots.

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

05 Apr 2008, 12:48 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
CityAsylum wrote:
KateShroud wrote:
Aren't these people geniuses? *very sarcastic*

Yeah, it makes you wonder if minimum wage is sometimes not low enough :wink:

YEAH, such people should be *******HAPPY******* they even have a job. Very low skilled jobs are supposed to be for TEENAGERS and the like and, as such, lower waged. They idea of MANDATING a higher wage is CRAZY! It makes things more expensive, so inflation occurs, and EVERYONE hurts.

Right, so instead of doing that, why don't they focus more on higher education? That's why we have so many forms of it in this country. Even attending a technical or trade school would be a better option.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 12:54 pm

being asked-
*if am able to count things like rainman [by ex home staff who know am cannot count due to learning disabilities,but that isn't something to bother about when they're using something fake and non existant to judge all Auties on].

*if am have ever eaten s**t before [by ex home staff,they knew am chewed sticks,wood,own flesh,anything can get teeth on for sensory and pressure reasons and said it is quite common for Autistics to eat their own s**t for sensory reasons....does not mean it applies to all].

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!