Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 6:53 pm

I've always had my special interests. Cats, skating, medical science, in that order of progression. While my interests do change, they never disappear completely.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 7:13 pm

My most enduring interest has been cats. I will always have cats and other animals in my life.

nofun13
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Apr 2008, 3:48 pm

interests are kool man, i dont think theres a problem with them. i too practically live my interests , and they dont cause any problems for anyone else so its class. if it wernt for my interests, i doubt i'd even be alive :wink:

chris.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 4:32 pm

I have some strong interests, but I rarely post about them, anymore.

teflon_woman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Apr 2008, 10:42 pm

I too find my interests frustrating. I get very excited about something and it's all I want to do... all day, and for the rest of my life. I make long-term plans about changing my career or completing some big project that will make me really proud and give me some self-worth, but two or three months later I'm onto something new and my old projects get dropped. Then I get depressed every time I see something that reminds me of an old interest because I just feel like I failed at something that was important to me, or that I was I lying to myself when I made my grandiose plans... Now every time I have a new interest I get anxious because I'm so sure I'm going to drop it in spite of my best intentions. I think maybe I need to plan projects that take less than two months to complete...