Threads Begging for friends.....Rant.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

09 Apr 2008, 10:39 pm

Now I know I've made my share of advice threads and that is cool, but the flood of teens making these "OMG I HAVE NO FRIENDS THREAD, PLEASE OH PLEASE TALK TO ME" gets on my nerves. Now I'm not saying it's wrong and believe me I have the same problems and I'm sure many of us do have this problem as well. It's hard to socialize, but on the other hand all these threads begging for MSN friends not only clutter up the forum, but turn me off. If you want to make friends here or any other board,post and get to know people. If you just want sympathy then read the threads, your see others have the same issues. It's like walking into a group of new people and saying HI WILL YOU GUYS BE MY FRIEND? You have to get to know people. JMO.

Last edited by weather1man on 09 Apr 2008, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 10:47 pm

I agree. Someone once told me, "You don't ask for friends. You earn them."

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 10:54 pm

Yeah, I'm all for getting to know people but that is not the way to do it.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 11:30 pm

weather1man wrote:
Now I know I've made my share of advice threads and that is cool, but the flood of teens making these "OMG I HAVE NO FRIENDS THREAD, PLEASE OH PLEASE TALK TO ME" gets on my nerves. Now I'm not saying it's wrong and believe me I have the same problems and I'm sure many of us do have this problem as well. It's hard to socialize, but on the other hand all these threads begging for MSN friends not only clutter up the forum, but turn me off. If you want to make friends here or any other board,post and get to know people. If you just want sympathy then read the threads, your see others have the same issues. It's like walking into a group of new people and saying HI WILL YOU GUYS BE MY FRIEND? You have to get to know people. JMO.

There is different kind of friend.

I don't know why adding on chat messenger is an automatic "friend".

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 11:48 pm

It don't get on my nerves. They just desperate to have somebody to talk to.

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2008, 12:12 am

You mean there are people lacking the social skills to realize posting "Be my friend" on a message board isn't the best way to go about it....here?

Color me shocked.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 3:12 am

How come it's only girls making these requests? Is it because they have been taught that they are worthless without a large circle of "friends" (defined as anyone who doesn't run away or tell them to shut up when talked to), whereas males measure their self-worth by the number of skills they possess?

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:07 am

My computer has a thing called a mouse, so I don't have to read every thread that gets posted if I don't feel like it.

Being an old aspie ain't that great, but as I remember, being a young aspie was worse.

Sometimes it really gets to hurting.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:18 am

Icheb wrote:
How come it's only girls making these requests? Is it because they have been taught that they are worthless without a large circle of "friends" (defined as anyone who doesn't run away or tell them to shut up when talked to), whereas males measure their self-worth by the number of skills they possess?

Depends on the female or male in question.