gosh dernit...i hate this trouble with jobs

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

AngelofFunk
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jan 2017, 8:37 am

i've been trying to find a new job. the hours i get at my current one are slowly getting less and less each other week. i saw a craigslist ad with a job opening for something i know i can do...because doing it is just a small part of my current job. and it pays more, and is full time. but...i can't.....i get so much fear built up in me. i'm putting in the numbers to call them to ask to setup a time for an interview....but i can't make my finger press "call".....

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2017, 8:42 am

Why don't you just email them your resume instead?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 8:43 am

Trust me....it's better to call!

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2017, 8:44 am

I've been solely emailing resumes to CL employers for years, and I got multiple jobs that way.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 8:54 am

Calling somebody decreases the chance that they will throw your resume away.

I was looking for a PART-TIME job once. I sent HUNDREDS of resumes over six months. I only FINALLY got the job when I was able to personally call somebody.

I would take the opportunity to call somebody, rather than just send a resume.

Continue to send the resumes, of course. But supplement that with calls whenever possible.

AngelofFunk
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jan 2017, 9:04 am

alright...so i called...i talked to john.......i did start to loose my voice a little but i think i recovered well enough, the tone in his voice didnt change. we have snow here so hes not really doing much today but he said to call him back tomorrow...now...im gonna get done freaking out and go make a bowl of oatmeal

AngelofFunk
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jan 2017, 9:22 am

AngelofFunk wrote:
alright...so i called...i talked to john.......i did start to loose my voice a little but i think i recovered well enough, the tone in his voice didnt change. we have snow here so hes not really doing much today but he said to call him back tomorrow...now...im gonna get done freaking out and go make a bowl of oatmeal

as i'm making oatmeal....of course going over the whole thing over and over i my head......I FORGOT TO TELL HIM MY NAME!! !! ! >.< >.< DX

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 9:32 am

Just call again, and tell them your name.

AngelofFunk
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Jan 2017, 11:03 am

i went and had the interview....and of course afterwards im crying on the inside thinking he has already tossed out my app >.< i did nothing to stand out really....i just sat nodding my head mmhmm yes, yes, no...mmhmm...oh yea....mmhmm......and when asked if i had any questions, i couldnt think of any GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, im freaking out!! !! !!ashdfiongvrojnseifungurneofuahofueuvbsvuszneoiuvrubirxngbungvuignvirusi.......lol

DarkLady
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2017, 12:05 pm

You guys are lucky you can sustain a job. I can't.

AngelofFunk
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Jan 2017, 4:45 pm

DarkLady wrote:
You guys are lucky you can sustain a job. I can't.

what happens?