Do you hate people that change to suit a fashion.

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Apr 2008, 4:25 pm

I'll stick to what I believe and what makes me who I am. I feel people who constantly drop who they are just to fit in are weak and have no morals so deserver no respect. I say people should find who they are and be themselves. Do you think I'm being harsh, right or just thinking like an Aspie?

Say there was a load of Chav scum where I live I would not drop all my morls and become a complete butt head just to fit in. I've been myself though out my life even when I was at school when just being yourself and not altering to fit in can be it's hardest.

REM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2008, 4:52 pm

I wouldn't say they deserver no respect, becase most of it is just peer preasure. That aside I really do hate fashion of any kind.
whats 'in' now where I live is looking like a scene kid, it seems I cant go anywhere without seeing a ned or a scene kid.

Spacedoubt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2008, 5:24 pm

For the most part, I'm oblivious to fashion.

It's only now that I have 2 daughters, and clothes that look like they belong on hookers are being marketed toward elemtary school aged girls, that I notice any fashion.

I hate the pants for little girls with the words on the butt. Why? I don't want to give weirdos one more reason to look at children's butts. Moronic.

And the girls their age on TV are anorexic!

Outside of worrying about my kids, though, all of that fashion stuff might as well being happening in another galaxy. I just don't care.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 5:26 pm

I am indifferent, but I have no desire to change to suite a fashion.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 6:45 pm

everybody's jumping everyone else's train - The Cure...;)

fashion's like that.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 7:43 pm

I can't stand people like that.

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 7:56 pm

I have known people who were like that. One minute they’re chasing the latest fad because that’s what all the ‘cool’ people are doing. They are a tad bit annoying.

I have no idea what’s cool, what’s not cool, and I like it like that.

It’s just one less thing for me to be concerned with in life.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 8:05 pm

here is a silly example of fashion
when the first designers for target range came out i heard women were fighting over it.. which is really lame because they all ended up looking the same anyhow and the clothes were quite similar to targets regular range just more expensive.

it is stupid to fight over the right to look the same. people that are obsessed with that are lame, especially when what is considered fashionable looks stupid on 99% of people.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 8:26 pm

I don't hate people who are slaves to fashion trends, I just think they're ridiculous and stupid. Clothes are there to hide your body from the eyes of the world and nothing more. Clothes should be comfortable, respectable and clean. Anything beyond that is pointless.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 8:32 pm

YES!! !! !

I've been rebelling against this crap for years now! Stupid sheep!! Why can't they think for themselves and live for themselves and not by what everyone else is doing!?

Sorry, I get rilled about this subject. Anyway, I've been speaking against not only fashion but all things sheep do. I make it a point not to know what's "in" or "out." This "in or out" thing is one of the most ridiculous thoughts any organism with a brain fragment can have.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 8:38 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
I make it a point not to know what's "in" or "out." This "in or out" thing is one of the most ridiculous thoughts any organism with a brain fragment can have.

I can't keep up with ins/outs and don't bother to try. It's always been far too complicated for me. There are people who live, eat and breathe fashion. Why? Because at the root of it all, they're concerned about what other people think of them. If you don't wear the right clothes, you've broken some kind of unwritten law in the unspoken and mutually misunderstood Code of Neurotypicalism. They somehow define themselves based on the clothes they wear, the house they live in and the cars they drive.

And NTs think we are abnormal.

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2008, 8:41 pm

I dont really care about fashion myself and i find myself pitying the ones that do. Its completely meaningless to me. I wont say i hate the people that adore fashion, but i feel sorry for them. Must be really tiring to try and change oneself all the time.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 8:41 pm

Shadowbound wrote:
I'll stick to what I believe and what makes me who I am. I feel people who constantly drop who they are just to fit in are weak and have no morals so deserver no respect. I say people should find who they are and be themselves. Do you think I'm being harsh, right or just thinking like an Aspie?

Say there was a load of Chav scum where I live I would not drop all my morls and become a complete butt head just to fit in. I've been myself though out my life even when I was at school when just being yourself and not altering to fit in can be it's hardest.

So you judge people based on the way they dress? A person can't be who they are and has no morals if they dress like someone else?

That's hard for me to comprehend because I don't think clothes are a very big deal.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 8:45 pm

Rainstorm5 wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:
I make it a point not to know what's "in" or "out." This "in or out" thing is one of the most ridiculous thoughts any organism with a brain fragment can have.

I can't keep up with ins/outs and don't bother to try. It's always been far too complicated for me. There are people who live, eat and breathe fashion. Why? Because at the root of it all, they're concerned about what other people think of them. If you don't wear the right clothes, you've broken some kind of unwritten law in the unspoken and mutually misunderstood Code of Neurotypicalism. They somehow define themselves based on the clothes they wear, the house they live in and the cars they drive.

And NTs think we are abnormal.

Yeah, I would rather be "abnormal" then live based on such an idiotic Code. I had just gotten out of calling NT's stupid but now those old feelings are coming back. It's so stupid that they have to be what is considered "cool" in order to feel good about themselves. I am my own person and I feel great about it. My individuality may cause me to die without ever having a girl friend but at least I will live without doing what everyone does.

equinn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 8:48 pm

wow--what a dull bunch.

I think it's nice when people care about their appearance and dress nicely. Who wants to stare at the same old blue sweater day in and day out. It's an eye sore. It's neat to see people change colors and styles, spice up a bit.

I wish I had $1,000 to go out an dbuy myself some new clothes. I feel better about myself when I'm sporting a new coat or shirt.

Shoes, yes, should be comfortable. All my clothes are comfortable, of course.

I always comment on someone's shirt color or jewelry or when something looks nice--why not? It makes the person feel better, I think, and, again, it's refreshing and positive to those around you when you make an attempt to change your wardrobe or wear something different.

I don't know how women walk in high heels! I can't stand too much perfume, or cologne and I loathe underdressed colleagues in jeans on Friday. I think that's ridiculous and childish. It reminds me of my catholic school days when we got to wear jeans on Friday--I hated it then and now. It just seemed so controlling. The idea is that when you go to work, you should look presentable regardless of what day of the week it is. Allowing workers to wear jeans on fridays emphasizes the whole control aspect of obedient worker. It rubs me the wrong way.

equinn (I'm so much fun--can't you tell)

REM

20 Apr 2008, 8:54 pm

Thing is i tried to keep up with the latest fashion when I was younger, but no one seemed to care, so I just gave up. Most of what I wear now are just my Nirvana shirts, shirts with funny sayings on them, plain black one's and a pair of cheap jeans.