Does anyone else have this problem? (All eyes on you)

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 3:49 pm

It might be aspie-related paranoia. Anyway, whatever the cause, I get this too. I look around and no one's really bothered that I'm there, but I still feel as if people are scrutinising my every tiniest move.

This in turn upsets my coordination a bit, and my leg movements are more jerky.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Jennyfoo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2008, 8:56 pm

I have this problem too. I'm ultra self-conscious and nervous out in public. Paranoid delusions that I think people notice me or something? LOL! Actually, my family REALLY stands out and we attract attention so I know that a lot of the time, people are indeed looking at us. My hubby and I are caucasian with one bio daughter, 2 adopted black kids, and one black/latino/Indian baby. We're not only a large family, but an unusual family too. It doesn't help that all of our children are extremely beautiful ;)

Essar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Apr 2008, 6:15 pm

I've read through some of these descriptions of the way some here are feeling and I can't believe I am not the only one.

I used to see this commercial for some medication where someone walks into a crowded room and the room erupts into laughter, pointing even.

This was a long time ago. I was like, "That's me." I don't let it stop me and what I need to do. I keep on keeping on. But sometimes, that feeling is so extreme and it's so hard. I want to run. But I don't.

I'm very happy to have found this page. I'm so relieved. Also, I'm sorry that others have to feel that way.

Is there a pill? Am I nuts? I'm nearly 35. Doesn't seem to be going away.

Anyway, hello to all.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 6:35 pm

Yes, I always do at school. It's not a pleasant experience by any means. I stare at my feet as I cross the classroom.

But I can't tell if people are staring at me or not. I just feel like they will irregardles.

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Apr 2008, 7:40 pm

If I'm in a room, from experience, I know that I'm not seen. If someone is looking in my direction I sometimes feel they are looking at me.
I have this sense(not paronia, I've proved it to people with astounding accuracy) and I can tell if someone is looking at me even if they are behind me.

wob182
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Apr 2008, 7:57 pm

Essar wrote:
I've read through some of these descriptions of the way some here are feeling and I can't believe I am not the only one.

I used to see this commercial for some medication where someone walks into a crowded room and the room erupts into laughter, pointing even.

This was a long time ago. I was like, "That's me." I don't let it stop me and what I need to do. I keep on keeping on. But sometimes, that feeling is so extreme and it's so hard. I want to run. But I don't.

I'm very happy to have found this page. I'm so relieved. Also, I'm sorry that others have to feel that way.

Is there a pill? Am I nuts? I'm nearly 35. Doesn't seem to be going away.

Anyway, hello to all.

until last year i had a vomit phobia..all linked in my nightmare was that i would throw up in assembly one day and everyone would look round and laugh (thank god i graduated high school so theres no way it can come true)
it was the whole people are looking at me and judging me thing. My theorpist used to point out that who are these perfect people? Who gives them the right to judge you? If i never told people that i had a vomit phobia would they be able to tell ? No (not on a daily basis)
The point is no one knows what happens behind closed doors and these so called people who you think are perfect are not. Most of the world's people with mental illnesses like ours are hidden and undercover lots of times u would never know.

My main problem is as i am in my peek years (18on wards) i feel self concious that men are looking at me lustfully and women are looking at me like sluts. It doesnt matter what i wear, i feel liek this . If i dont wear any makeup and cover up i still feel people are looking at me coz i look gross.
and other days when i make an effort i think people are looking at me because i stand out. The truth is yeah i do stand out, and i cant win so its best to think there looking at me because im pretty. :D

Essar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Apr 2008, 9:13 pm

I just have to say I love all of your personal quotes. They're so great.

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 10:37 pm

At one time or another, everyone feels like everyone else is looking at them. Doubt me? Look at the cosmetic industry, and what that's geared to, and how they sell. As someone I know once said, people have enough trouble recognizing me. I don't want to make it any harder with make-up.

Be that as it might, we all feel, at one point or another that everyone is looking at us. It ain't so. They're looking at themselves, or at the walls, or something. Unless you drop a large sheet cake complete with candles, and then, they only look long enough to thank God it wasn't them.

Hold your head high, walk through the room, and don't worry....unless, of course, you have forgotten to close a zipper someplace. Then, yes, people are looking at you.
:oops:

Cheers.
Btdt