Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

So what does everyone think of my new posting strategy?
Like it 76%  76%  [ 16 ]
Dislike it 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 21

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 8:34 pm

So, what does everyone think of my new approach on WP posts?

Beginning a couple of weeks ago, I have been telling it like it is, no matter how tasteless and brash my posts are. I have been posting thoughts that I was wanting to get out in the open, rather than repressing them longer than I already had. I have also been explaining why I do some of the things I do, being more straightforward, rather than expecting everyone on here to interpret what I am saying.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 15 Apr 2008, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 8:36 pm

Maybe you can provide an example? Because I can't remember you saying anything all that controversial.

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Apr 2008, 9:00 pm

Thats basically how I am always, I like it :)

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 9:07 pm

Well, in general, there are a lot of advantages to getting things out in the open, but I think it is wise to exercise some discretion in a setting such as this one.

I had not noticed any difference in your overall posting style, but now that you mention it, there was one post that kind of puzzled me. I was casually perusing the adult section when I noticed that in one thread, you made a short post just saying that reading the thread made you feel sick. I thought this was a bit odd because:

1. The thread had an appropriately descriptive title, so you could have chosen not to read any of it if you did not care for the subject matter.

2. Although you made the choice to read some of it, you did not have to read the whole thing - you could have stopped when it started to make you uncomfortable.

3. Although you evidently read the whole thing, you did not have to post in it just to say that you were bothered by it.

4. I don't think the thread broke any rules, and some people might have been finding it helpful - to simply say that it made you sick was (IMO) unnecessary and counter-productive.

6. If you were bothered by the presence of such subject matter on this site you could have chosen to deal with it in a different way: talking to a mod, bringing it up in the site suggestions forum, avoiding the adult forum from then on, etc.

That's just my opinion. Normally, I would not be so forward as to point that out - out of respect, of course. I am only doing so because you asked for honest feedback. I hope I have not caused any offense! I'm just trying to be helpful.

Otherwise, most of your posts have been as friendly and welcoming as usual, as far as I know. :)

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 9:16 pm

Thomas1138 wrote:
Maybe you can provide an example? Because I can't remember you saying anything all that controversial.

Me neither. And anyway, you should say what you feel you need to say and not worry if it offends people here.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 9:39 pm

ok Bob, I'll take clues for 20...;)

I hadn't noticed anything that outre`...;)

just keep posting, we'll let you know when you're one toke over the line...;)

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 1:13 pm

Wow, I'm the only person who had anything critical to say. :oops: I'm so sorry.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 1:20 pm

EvilKimEvil wrote:
Wow, I'm the only person who had anything critical to say. :oops: I'm so sorry.

It wasn't *that* critical.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 4:22 am

Actually Tim, I'd noticed your last few posts and I thought - "wow! he's really come out of his shell".

I was surprised to see you "backflip" on some of the issues you'd previously been conservative about. If that's been your attitude/feeling all along, then it explains why you were feeling so upset a few months back. The fact that you "masked" this from us, also explains why some people didn't give you the amount of empathy you probably deserved - not that (according to DSM IV) we're empathetic anyway.

Congratulations Tim.

It's scary to be yourself but it's worthwhile.

camphortree
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Apr 2008, 4:34 am

EvilKimEvil wrote:
Well, in general, there are a lot of advantages to getting things out in the open, but I think it is wise to exercise some discretion in a setting such as this one.

I had not noticed any difference in your overall posting style, but now that you mention it, there was one post that kind of puzzled me. I was casually perusing the adult section when I noticed that in one thread, you made a short post just saying that reading the thread made you feel sick. I thought this was a bit odd because:

1. The thread had an appropriately descriptive title, so you could have chosen not to read any of it if you did not care for the subject matter.

2. Although you made the choice to read some of it, you did not have to read the whole thing - you could have stopped when it started to make you uncomfortable.

3. Although you evidently read the whole thing, you did not have to post in it just to say that you were bothered by it.

4. I don't think the thread broke any rules, and some people might have been finding it helpful - to simply say that it made you sick was (IMO) unnecessary and counter-productive.

6. If you were bothered by the presence of such subject matter on this site you could have chosen to deal with it in a different way: talking to a mod, bringing it up in the site suggestions forum, avoiding the adult forum from then on, etc.

That's just my opinion. Normally, I would not be so forward as to point that out - out of respect, of course. I am only doing so because you asked for honest feedback. I hope I have not caused any offense! I'm just trying to be helpful.

Otherwise, most of your posts have been as friendly and welcoming as usual, as far as I know. :)

i want to know what your 5th point is. :cry:

IsThatAFact
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Apr 2008, 6:37 am

You forgot to include 'do not care' in the possible poll answers.

I do think increasing your answers to more than one line makes you appear more cerebral :lol: