Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

16 Apr 2008, 8:29 am

When I was in the USN stationed in Rota Spain, I found that all the Commonwealth citizens and Americans seemed to have an affinity for each other. Common language & roots I suppose. jelibean, you are 9 months and 25 days older than me, congrats on finding your parents, too bad we didn't meet in Europe back in 1980 or so.:D Did you listen to Blondie and the Ramones back then? I like being on a board with a bunch of Brits! :D

jelibean
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 8:48 am

Hey hey velodog!! ! Debbie Harry eh!! !! oooooh I am singing in my head now!! !! Yea I think the Brits on the spectrum adore the yanks in particular. If I came over there I would just blend in and noone would think anything BUT if I stick out like a sore thumb here. My friends say I am more yank than Brit, although I talk in a terribly posh British accent!! :lol:

What a shame I missed ya, I was probably doing my nursing training and getting married, divorced and into a lot of mess!! ! Still get into messes now but more controlled ones!! lol!

Oooh well if you are ever in the UK or Europe again we will have to meet up for coffee and talk old times!! I am trying to set my own jelibean consultancy up so you never know one day someone may invite me to lecture in the USA!! Hooooray. Actually CALIFORNIA is where I wanna be, that is where my sissie is!! Soooo weird, I had been an only child my whole life and wished for a sister! Now I got one!! ! Thank heavens for webcams!

Talk soon eh!? :wink: :wink: :wink:

REM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2008, 8:06 pm

They are? well I haven't met any in Scotland not that I've looked mind you.

Last edited by REM on 20 Apr 2008, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2008, 8:15 pm

Im guessing that on this forum there will be many users from both USA and UK. The reason for that mainly being that this is an english speaking forum. Other countries might look elsewhere before turning to an english speaking one. Another thing is that UK and USA both have a lot of inhabitants. That might explain some of it.

I dont really think England is more prone to have more aspies than any other country really.