Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

nory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2008, 6:52 am

If anyone can reccomend the best of the new versions to get, I would really appreciate it. Last time I went shopping for one I stood there completely clueless as to which one to get. The only thing I could decide on is that I wanted it in pink.

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 1:42 pm

I don't have an iPod because they don't have features that I like like FM radio, FM recording ,voice recording, bluetooth, custom equalizer, dedicated volume controls and good sound quality. My P2 which I have as my avatar is made by Samsung and has all those features and is very reliable. The WOW! factor isn't just the bluetooth, but the touch screen as well.

tantopat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2008, 1:53 pm

I listen to my iPod almost constantly (an old nano, which miraculously still works well despite its age), but I have the volume turned almost all the way down, so it's bearable. :) Perhaps you'd be okay with using an iPod if you tried keeping the volume low, and perhaps used headphones that went around your eyes rather than inside them.

DJRnold
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2008, 8:01 pm

I don't have an iPod because I can't afford one.
Right now I listen to music on my computer.
I wouldn't "Blast" my iPod. Just like when I'm listening to music on my computer, I don't want my music too loud because: a) It's uncomfortable b) I need to be able to hear if someone calls me or something like that c) I don't want people to hear what I'm listening to because I'm paranoid.
I also hate wearing earphones. The insides of my ears are not the same size, but I don't notice until there's something in my ear. I also don't like most headphones. They're too hard and they don't saty on my head. I need the big cushiony kind, and that would look funny if I was walking down the street. Kind of like wearing a helmet.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 6:53 pm

Just spent the whole night successfully drowning out bad singing and bad sound management with the 'pod. Worked like a dream. I think I might be in love.....

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Apr 2008, 7:24 pm

I used to have a 30GB Creative Zen. My husband laughed because I wanted to just load all of my CDs on it and have all my music with me any time I wanted it. No matter what mood I'm in, the right music is always there.

The Creative got to be a pain. Battery life too short. So, my husband got a Zune. It was totally cool. So I got one too. Now we zap music at each other. Mostly stuff that we know will annoy each other because it's funnier that way. LOL.

I still love having all my music. I'm still getting used to the Zune. I've only had it a few months. I'm still figuring out how to load up pics and album covers, etc. I have always despised typical headphones, so got ear bud types. They bug me. Now, have ones that are shaped like little pills that fit inside your ear. Much better.

REM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2008, 8:09 pm

I have a Sony Walkman, couldn't live without it.

AspieMamaof4
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Apr 2008, 8:10 pm

I don't use it often. I have a hard time physically wearing earphones or earbuds. For the same reason I can't wear hats or glasses. Too much stimulus. Too much touching me. Too much too much too much.

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2008, 4:35 am

I have never used an iPod.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 8:25 am

2 b honest da ipod is just a fashion accessory n i hate tings like digital djing, mp3s i much prefer vinyl as its more orginal n not so commercial.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 8:44 am

howzat wrote:
2 b honest da ipod is just a fashion accessory n i hate tings like digital djing, mp3s i much prefer vinyl as its more orginal n not so commercial.

Vinyl also has the added benefits of being nearly a foot of plastic per album and all the music sounds like a group of mice are playing along with maracas full of pins, whilst a distant locomotive lets off steam.

Mainstream bands and artists often release "limited edition" vinyl to capitalize on the "non commercial vinyl fan" market. Sounds pretty commercial to me.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 8:58 am

I have a 32GB iPod Touch, which I carry around with me about 90% of the time. Its organiser is very easy to use and it's quick to type in new entries, so I use it as my main organiser for work. I also prefer to use it over my computer for quick emailing. At night I get it to stream a podcast until I fall asleep and it wakes me up in the morning, at different times for different days depending on the workday. Paired with my Shure SE530s, I don't need any other sound equipment, hi fi, cd player or radio.

REM

21 Apr 2008, 10:45 am

howzat wrote:

That sounds a bit pompous, I think.

I love new technology, you can have about 5000+ songs on such a small device, its amazing.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 11:43 am

I have an iRiver iFP 799T 1 GB Flash Player, it's ancient now, I bought it some time in 2006. It's still going strong, but I'm starting to want a newer player. Though I'll hold out on getting one until this dies I think.

My next one will be able to drag and drop music files if I can help it, I hate having to use a music manager to put music on the player.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

REM

21 Apr 2008, 11:44 am

mikebw wrote:
I have an iRiver iFP 799T 1 GB Flash Player, it's ancient now, I bought it some time in 2006. It's still going strong, but I'm starting to want a newer player. Though I'll hold out on getting one until this dies I think.

My next one will be able to drag and drop music files if I can help it, I hate having to use a music manager to put music on the player.

Me too damn Ipods. :evil: Thats why I got a Sony.