Yes 75%  75%  [ 42 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 56

tksteph
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2008, 9:35 am

yeah... i'm pretty picky.
I won't eat anything if i can't identify whats actually in it and I hate food made up of things with different textures (potato salad for example), and pickles and mayo are also foods i eat under no circumstance.

I've also eaten the exact same breakfast for 5 years (chocolate poptarts :P) and usually peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. But it's really not that hard to find food because I just like plain easy-to-cook things (rice, ramen, cheese pizza, mac and cheese).

I still think I'm pretty healthy, i eat fruits for snacks alot. And carbs give me energy anyhow, so It's all good.

cd1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2008, 9:41 am

Teoka wrote:
It sucks, especially when I'm over at someone else's house for a meal and they're having something I don't like. It's so stressful trying to explain that I'm picky; I feel like I'm being annoying, trying to ask for something different to eat.

If you don't like their food, you don't really have to eat it, but you definitely shouldn't be asking a host to make something specially for you. I can see a lot of hosts being annoyed by that - it is overstepping reasonable hospitality. Most hosts are going to consider that very rude.

I can empathize with being picky, though. I have problems with food textures. Some textures are guaranteed to make me gag as soon as it hits my throat. Others will actually make me projectile vomit instantly. It's not pleasant. When confronted with such a meal as a guest I just eat what I can of it and leave the rest. I wouldn't dare ask for something else.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 9:56 am

I'm not very picky. Most foods I come across don't smell like dead rotting flesh and aren't still moving. I'm willing to try most anything that doesn't do the aforementioned.

That said I won't touch sardines. Also probably wouldn't try insects and monkey brains.

:twisted:

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

bettybarton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Apr 2008, 11:36 am

yes- one of my earlies memories was being taken to a food psychologist as i was almost starving to death. i almost died as a baby from refusing to eat, and spent most school lunch times sitting in front of congealing crap food, then being force fed by my parents when i got home cos i refused to eat there. i liked bread and yoghurt and biscuits. and fish fingers. i used to have tiny portions- baout 3" wide piece of lamb, 12 peas etc- until i was 13 and i was strong enoogh to push my parents off. it was like i was being asked to eat poo- it tasted like poo- it was just awful. i became malnourished, extremly thin, and was late w puberty.

i have thankfully mostly grown out of it, though ive never eaten pasta etc, as i have too many memories of it being foreced into me cold.
it was really embaressing, and i hated having to lie the whole time,a nd make excused, and have everyone worry about me; even going to a birthday party was a total nightmare.

i still hate twiglets and marmite.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 11:41 am

Not a picky eater. Have an excellent appetite and eat well daily. Talking of food, I think its tea and cake time :D

SneezingPanda
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Apr 2008, 4:11 pm

I'm very picky. My diet is very limited to the same things over and over again.

Foods that I don't like will make me gag or feel sick if I eat enough of it. It sucks.

Lavos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2008, 7:21 pm

I'm not a picky eater, but there are a few foods I refuse to eat.

I will not eat cheese in any form ever. It smells like B.O. to me.

Jello triggers my gag reflex.

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2008, 7:27 pm

Yes, but I've gotten better. It all started with a Big Mac

Mashed Potatoes is my gag reflex.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 7:43 pm

DanteRF wrote:
Mashed Potatoes is my gag reflex.

Same here. I have trouble with the lumpy, starchy texture and blandish taste. Really smooth yet solid foods also make me gag. Jello in particular makes me want to puke just thinking about it. :eew:

I also can't stand the taste of olives. I don't understand how people can like those buggers.

Last edited by marshall on 17 Apr 2008, 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 7:49 pm

Kaleido wrote:
Not a picky eater. Have an excellent appetite and eat well daily. Talking of food, I think its tea and cake time :D

I also have an excellent appetite... for the foods that I happen to like. Picky doesn't mean no appetite. I just means selective appetite. Tea and cake sounds good to me.

I can really inhale my pasta. I think my diet contains too many carbs. They make me fat, yet I don't like protein or greens nearly as much. :(

Last edited by marshall on 17 Apr 2008, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

17 Apr 2008, 7:54 pm

I am allergic to crabs & shrimp. I don't like sweet potatoes. Other than that I am not a picky eater. :D

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 8:38 pm

When I was a child, I was literally too shy and too timid - too STUPID to even ask for food. I would only eat when food was put out. I wouldn't raid the fridge or anything. And when I got hungry, I starved for hours and hours because I was so absent-minded that I forgot to eat. So it eventually brought me to the point where I became a very UNpicky eater. I will eat anything now just about.

Except for Brussell Sprouts, Escargot, Caviar, Calamari and frogs legs. Won't touch those ever. I even like pickled pigs feet sometimes.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 7:17 pm

I wouldn't mind having a more vegetarian diet, I use to be a meat cutter, and I just don't like to eat meat every day, I know alot of meat cutters are exposed to alot of hormones, and antibiotics thats in the meat. I do like to eat good food and always like to try different ethnic foods, I fell in love with sushi and sashimi when visiting Vancouver back in 1985, it was my first Wasabi experience, I used the entire dollop of it on a piece of sushi 8O
Right now I am making Crème Brûlée, or burnt cream, its very fattening, because it is made with 18% heavy cream and 4 egg yokes, eating it is like dying and going to heaven

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 11:18 pm

My parents did a surprisingly good job of preventing me from being picky, but there's still a lot of things I won't eat...seafood that isn't fish, anything too mushy (cooked squash, oatmeal, creamed corn, etc.), and I'm not a huge fan of canned vegetables or fruits. I'll usually find something with obvious ingredients, or ask what's in it. Then it gets the sniff test before I eat it.

Thanks to my dad, I love some rather offbeat foods, like sardines, kippers, pickled herrings, anchovies, cottage cheese...I also try to stick by the "try everything once" rule 8)