Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 8:12 am

Is ti possible to have minor itnerests in music and art while having one main obsession? I find it somewhat distracting, but I want to know if that is jsut me :)

Last edited by matsuiny2004 on 24 Apr 2008, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

momtanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Apr 2008, 9:29 am

My son's main obsession is the Titanic....but he goes through
different phases and right now it's speed racer (I bought the original episodes on DVD) or cars in general. He has had many
obsessions but always seems to go back to the Titanic. When he
is obsessing about other things, Titanic is still in the back of his mind beacuse he will every so often talk about it.

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 10:39 am

my main interest is computers then comes phil colins and pink floyd and then comes thins like final fantasy etc and im aspe so i hope that answers your question mate :)

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 10:54 am

kleodimus wrote:
my main interest is computers then comes phil colins and pink floyd and then comes thins like final fantasy etc and im aspe so i hope that answers your question mate :)

so there are other aspies that like to listen to take breaks from their main obsessions?

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 11:11 am

I have a massive obsession with numbers and mathematics, but I also have been thinking about music a lot lately. So I know how you feel.

Malachi_Rothschild
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2008, 11:14 am

I think so.

I have a recurring interest in progressive Jewish theology, hasidism, spiritual and personal development but for the past few days I've been very intensely focused on the game Toribash. Yesterday I had a very strange experience, a conflict of interests where I really wanted to play Toribash but also wanted to check out the new version of the Vetox simboards that were released in Second Life.