Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2008, 12:40 pm

This was at a party for some friends that we had last night. None of us mentioned Asperger's, but it was obvious. It was really awesome to talk with a couple of people whom I could communicate with a lot more easily than with most people. One of them was a girl who I had met briefly once or twice before, but yesterday we conversed a lot. We were just talking about normal stuff, although she was doing most of the talking--I'm the relaxed type and she's an anxious rambler. She has all the traits. I don't need to list everything, but examples would be how she would just walk up to me and start talking about herself (an impolite thing among NT's, but I understand it) and how she is clumsy, dropping two forties and a beercan during the night (one almost full, and then the broken glass :lol: ). The other was a guy I just met then, who is a little bit younger and still in high school. He was openly talking to me about Asperger's related things, most significantly that he had taken two years of classes about non-verbal communication. I think that he was just afraid to bring it up, because if I turned out to be an ignorant NT, I would have reacted badly. I am in awe of this night and I want to see these people again. I'm sure that a lot of you have had the same experience, when you run into others like yourself for the first time.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 12:46 pm

I think I may have met an aspie at work, but I'm not sure. She told me she has prosopagnosia like me, and the way she doesn't seem put off by me like the whole world does, make me think she may be an aspie as well. And she's not like everyone else in the sense that she doesn't speak in cliches or boast or put others down, which everyone else does around here (people here are all cocky, you're considered weird if you're not).

But I really don't know.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 1:05 pm

Recently I started to ponder (but not quite seriously, it's rather playing with this thought but who knows...) the possibility that one dude from another group in my college may have something in common with AS - to tell the truth I know him practically only by sight, times when we talked to each other could be counted by me if I used only my one hand's fingers to do it.

But he seems a possible candidate or at least the most possible one among people I know (if I'm right it's probably a mild AS) - withdrawn, considered a bit strange and, the thing which sown this thought in my head, he has a habit to rock forth and back slightly from time to time. But it's only my paranoia almost for sure - I started to look for aspies everywhere so I am sensitive to some signs. But he's probably only silent; he has some friends he normally talks to and probably would find me crazy if I shared my suspitions with him, lol.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 3:23 pm

I have met four Aspies in real life.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 11:16 pm

RainKing wrote:
This was at a party for some friends that we had last night. None of us mentioned Asperger's, but it was obvious. It was really awesome to talk with a couple of people whom I could communicate with a lot more easily than with most people. One of them was a girl who I had met briefly once or twice before, but yesterday we conversed a lot. We were just talking about normal stuff, although she was doing most of the talking--I'm the relaxed type and she's an anxious rambler. She has all the traits. I don't need to list everything, but examples would be how she would just walk up to me and start talking about herself (an impolite thing among NT's, but I understand it) and how she is clumsy, dropping two forties and a beercan during the night (one almost full, and then the broken glass :lol: ). The other was a guy I just met then, who is a little bit younger and still in high school. He was openly talking to me about Asperger's related things, most significantly that he had taken two years of classes about non-verbal communication. I think that he was just afraid to bring it up, because if I turned out to be an ignorant NT, I would have reacted badly. I am in awe of this night and I want to see these people again. I'm sure that a lot of you have had the same experience, when you run into others like yourself for the first time.

clumsy! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Was she hot? :oops: