Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

22 Apr 2008, 11:22 pm

Today I was going to pick up my pills but I decide to check the mail before I go. I got advertisements in and a letter from Oregon department of revenue.
I throw the advertisements in the recycling and open the letter and it says:

We need additional information to complete the processing of your Oregon income tax return for the tax year shown above. We did not receive a copy of your federal tax return when you filed your Oregon return. The federal return is a required attachment to the Oregon return you filed.

Then it tells me to provide the copy of my federal tax return within the next 30 days. There were phone numbers on it and toll free one too and the fax one.

I get confused because my dad had mailed all my taxes after I signed the tax forms and he mailed them. So I decide to call them since I had questions but I couldn't get through because of the stupid voice thing and telling you what number too press and god I hate that. It's so confusing. So I try calling my parents and couldn't get hold of them either so I start to panic. I began to cry hysterically when I finally got a hold of my Dad. I asked him if he ever mailed in my federal taxes and he said he did and I told him the state never got them. He asks me to read the letter so I do.
Then it turns out I was supposed to mail my fed taxes along with my income in one envelope so they never got a copy of my fed taxes ,so all they wanted was a copy of my federal taxes.
I can't believe I got upset over nothing because it wasn't a big deal. All I have to do is take my federal taxes with me when I go to work and make a copy of them at the pharmacy after I am off work and then mail it in to the address that was shown on the letter.

My mother also said the letter was complicated so I didn't feel stupid when I didn't understand it. They tried calling the number when I gave it to them but they couldn't figure it out either so my dad told me just make a copy of the taxes and mail it to them. I think that's what they want.

Now the letter sounds simple instead of hard when I read it again. What confused me was the bolded words on top, Request for Federal Return, so I thought they never got them.

When I found my copy of my tax forums and my boyfriend's. I looked through it and realized the $596 I got back from them was the federal tax so of course they got them so it made the letter more concrete. The other place also wants a copy of it too before they give me my state tax.

I always get anxiety over unexpected things and then it turns out it was no big deal.

ButchCoolidge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2008, 11:32 pm

Yes, I do get upset over nothing. All the time.

GlassWall
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2008, 11:50 pm

oh my yes, have i been there. just recently i went ballistic over a letter i got from my Home Owner's Association telling me i owed them $300 for blah blah blah

i don't know what it said because as soon as i saw $300 i blew a gasket, screamed at the top of my lungs at the HOA manager and ended up going hoarse for about two hours because of it.

several hours later after i calmed down i dug out my HOA policy....turns out i owe them $300.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 11:55 pm

Yep, that happens sometimes. I'll get that way if I somehow lose something like my sunglasses or phone. It's like my brain can't rectify the item not being where it should be. :compress:
Strangely enough, my dad is very much the same way even though I don't think aspergers is from his side of the family.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

sim
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 12:16 am

Most recently I was incredibly disoriented and therefore upset when I came home and found my mom picked all my books (About 20 or so) off the ground and put them in a crate by my bed. Fortunately I am alone most of the time though and can indulge in whatever idiosyncratic delights I may :D

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 5:47 am

Well, I don't think I EVER get upset over nothing, but OTHERS feel I do! When they feel that way it is because:

1. They didn't state things clearly, and may have actually said something BAD, or....
2. They weren't complete, and gave a time limit that was too soon, or...
3. They are doing something that bothers me(noise, etc all...), or....
4. I am putting it in the context of MY history and experience, or ....
5. I know something they don't think I do, and see intention, etc ....

I HAVE blown up over things, even "tax returns", like you, but that is USUALLY because of one of the above reasons.

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 6:33 am

well i have got upset because i spilt milk. :(
i get angry when people "clean" my room without permission. :evil:
i got sad when i lost my button that i was carrying for that day. :(
i was pissed when someone tried to lecture me on my fav subject. :evil:
and when my cousin came over unexpectedly i was peeved and confused :x :?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 6:36 am

deathchibi wrote:
well i have got upset because i spilt milk. :(
i get angry when people "clean" my room without permission. :evil:
i was pissed when someone tried to lecture me on my fav subject. :evil:
and when ... came over unexpectedly i was peeved and confused :x :?

I FORGOT about that! I have done the SAME! But then, is that REALLY nothing?

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 6:45 am

well i dont see other people get upset at this kind of stuff... :?

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 7:32 am

I hate it when my mom rearranges my stuff without my permission. She comes up a couple times a year to help with me giving my apartment good, through spring and fall cleanings, and when I get back from class I sometimes come home to find furniture rearranged. :x

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 7:53 am

No, I usually get upset with good reason. Who wouldn't get upset when being verbally harassed online and spied on (filmed) in real life by a cowardly gang? :roll:

I did get slightly upset the other day when my brother returned home without a bottle of pepsi I was promised. :lol:

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2008, 9:26 am

Oh yes. Just ask my family :?

I can get upset over anything really. Someone doing stuff i dont like, not having my food the way i thought it would be, not being able to do what i want exactly when i want it, people not being able to read my mind when i expect them too, people talking to me when im busy, people touching me at a time that i dont want them too..

The list goes on :lol:

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2008, 9:43 am

I pretty much have a running script all planned out for everything that I do and if things deviate from the script too much it is like the whole world is falling down around me and I can't cope and I get irrational and very emotional it can be very paralyzing for me and it takes all of my strength not to do something stupid when that happens.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Apr 2008, 9:52 am

Betzalel wrote:
I pretty much have a running script all planned out for everything that I do and if things deviate from the script too much it is like the whole world is falling down around me and I can't cope and I get irrational and very emotional it can be very paralyzing for me and it takes all of my strength not to do something stupid when that happens.

YES! YES! YES!

I think others think I get upset over nothing, but it makes perfect sense to me why I'm upset. My husband thinks I blow a gasket over stupid stuff all the time, but he just doesn't get it. I don't waste my time getting upset over stupid stuff. It's the things that affect my world that piss me off. I don't like things that deviate, so when you cause a problem with that, then I get upset. Too bad if you don't like it.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 9:54 am

I'm normally level headed about things that happen to me.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 10:44 am

I can get overly upset by what others see as minor issues sometimes. I get fixated on something and can't see it in proportion.