Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 4:25 pm

Name something cute that you did that you think only an auttie/ aspie would do,

OR

If you have autistic kid, name something cute that they did that only an auttie or aspie would do.

OR

if you have neither but have a friend or other relative, then do the same.

:D

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 4:39 pm

dont know is this that what only autie can invent..but as kid i painted my hands and crawled over apartment :lol: dont know either does my mom thing is this cute :lol:

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2008, 4:48 pm

I watched a video of a little autistic girl stimming in front of the television, jumping up and down and flapping her arms. I thought it was so adorable and I showed my Mom, and she agreed with me. I do that still (which is the main reason I showed her) but it isn't nearly as cute when an eighteen year old does it. :) It's one of my favorite videos and I watch it when I'm saddened by my overstimulation issues.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 4:51 pm

im sure u are still cute :)

nomadic28
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2008, 4:53 pm

My wife thinks my unprovoked, random soliloquies are cute.

sim
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 8:22 pm

nomadic28 wrote:
My wife thinks my unprovoked, random soliloquies are cute.

I got annoyed when I was called cute for those, because the times I actually expected anyone to listen I was just being ignored. "Oh, there he goes again! What? No, you don't have to actually listen to what he's saying." *stops talking and stays quiet the rest of the day*

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 9:55 pm

How many little neurotypical girls make that when given materials for message bracelets?

Odarp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2008, 10:05 pm

well i dont know about this one, but when I was 6 I sat on the floor for hours reading the dictionary my mom always made an "awwwww" sound when I did that

and these things i still do, not so cute being 18 cute being 7-10
jumping up and down clapping when something makes me happy
one of my stims is scratching my head like a dog would (hard to explain)
and answering to "figures of speech" (im so hungry I could eat a horse, and such) in a "no, you couldn't its impossible for a human to eat an entire horse" literal way
oh and flaping my arms soflty while I walk.

Last edited by Odarp on 02 May 2008, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 10:09 pm

Odarp wrote:
well i dont know about this one, but when I was 6 I sat on the floor for hours reading the dictionary my mom always made an "awwwww" sound when I did that

and these things i still do, not so cute being 18 cute being 7-10
jumping up and down clapping when something makes me happy
one of my stims is scratching my head like a dog would (hard to explain)
and answering to "figures of speech" (im so hungry I could eat a horse, and such) in a "no, you couldn't its impossible for a human to eat an entire horse" literal way
oh and flaping soflty while I walk.

I think that's cute even when you're 18.^^

When my brother was like 8 or nine he had that literal thing.My mom would say he'd lost his marbles and he would look for them.

I used to stand an inch away from the TV and rock back and fourth..

Odarp

02 May 2008, 10:13 pm

demoluca wrote:
When my brother was like 8 or nine he had that literal thing.My mom would say he'd lost his marbles and he would look for them.

The marbles thing might be one of the cutest things I have heard... well read.
I also rock mostly when solving a rubik's cube or reading, but I also rock when in a place with too many people (classroom, supermarket, cinema, etc.)

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 10:21 pm

When I was little I often curled up (often inside cramped spaces or under things, but also just to sit there) and my parents would go "Awwwww, she's curling up small."

When I got older I did the exact same thing in front of the wrong people and psychiatrists went "OMGWTFBBQ, she's regressing to the fetal position in the closet, this must be evidence of Bad Things."

Actually... that goes for my happy dance too, and a whole lot of other things that mysteriously went from cute-and-harmless to defective-and-hopeless for no apparent reason, as far as how other people saw them.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 10:22 pm

Odarp wrote:
demoluca wrote:

The marbles thing might be one of the cutest things I have heard... well read.
I also rock mostly when solving a rubik's cube or reading, but I also rock when in a place with too many people (classroom, supermarket, cinema, etc.)

I sway when i stand in line.

One time my brother was on a public transit bus, and someone farted.

"MOM...something doesn't smell right in here..."

He was being dead serious.

My mom tries to tell him to be quiet.

"But MOOOOOOM..something doesn't smell right!"

and the whole bus ride was this.^^

It's more funny then cute but..yeah.

Odarp

02 May 2008, 10:27 pm

anbuend wrote:
When I was little I often curled up (often inside cramped spaces or under things, but also just to sit there) and my parents would go "Awwwww, she's curling up small."

When I got older I did the exact same thing in front of the wrong people and psychiatrists went "OMGWTFBBQ, she's regressing to the fetal position in the closet, this must be evidence of Bad Things."

Actually... that goes for my happy dance too, and a whole lot of other things that mysteriously went from cute-and-harmless to defective-and-hopeless for no apparent reason, as far as how other people saw them.

Yeah for some reason sitting with my legs on the chair and my arms wraped around them means im having problems (actually thats what I do when im peaceful) when it used to be "weird" XD

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 10:39 pm

Wow.

Cute and 'harmful' go hand in hand.

If one of my future kids danced happy i would do it to!

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2008, 10:41 pm

One day we went to eat chinese at P.F. Chang's and my son decided to keep going through the revolving door, so I had to limit him to 3 rounds. I looked at the host preparing to seat us and said, "He's autistic." (I don't normally, but it felt ok in this instance.) The host smiled and said, "Oh, I have a cousin w/ autism. It's ok!" So I responded, "Oh, good! Well, we're gonna flap in a minute." :lol: We both laughed and it was really a relief to be able to connect w/ someone that was not judging us negatively or giving me the "bad parent" vibe.

It's also cute when he gets into his literal thinking mode.

Oh, my brother was about 6 when he told my mom, "When I grow up, I want to be a stoplight or a bird."

I was drinking a root beer one day when the same brother told me, "I'm telling!" Ok, no idea why, so I had to ask. "Because it's against the LAW to drink and drive!" (We're 11 yrs 8mos apart so I was driving.)

Indeed.

And that brother is not dx'd at all. I have not given any thought to it for him, actually. My other bro is definitely aspie, though he refuses to accept or admit it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 11:55 pm

You'd have to ask my girlfriend :roll: She's always calling me cute for one thing or another.

She kind of thinks my rocking is cute, but she always tells me to stop because it makes her seasick =(