Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

psmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2008, 11:39 am

I like routine, and can not go away from routine without knowing I am going to change it beforehand. My mom and dad do not understand this, they wonder why I get very upset when they ask me to clean the bathroom or go somewhere without warning! They still do not know why I do not like to do stuff when I am in the middle of doing something else, but I do. I want to finish what I am doing before moving on to the next thing, otherwise it will be on my mind until I go back to it, and then I end up forgetting some of the things I was doing. Think of it like trying to sleep when there is dripping water somewhere, but you can´t tell where it is. That is what changing routine unexpectedly feels like to me.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 12:24 pm

I know how you feel in many places

*gets home*
You, I'm taking you to change clothing styles/get it tailored

It might be that, or I'm tired and hungry when I get home...this is one example and I Admit shittily worded. I apologize.

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2008, 12:51 pm

Im the exact same way and man have i been yelled at for being "lazy" by my parents over the years. Just cause i dont jump up and clean my room when they ask me to and tend to freak out instead. My mom totally agrees with me having it though, so i guess she can see why i was "weird" all my life now. But my boyfriend gets really pissed at me sometimes for not being "normal" when it comes to doing things out of my daily routine.

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 1:20 pm

IF I can deal with a change in routine, it leaves me utterly exhausted.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 1:29 pm

This is one of the things I never really noticed about myself until I learned about Asperger's. I always thought it was just because those people were really good at annoying me.

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 1:45 pm

I feel the exact same way. I hate changing my rountine. Sometimes I hate variety. I'll be in the middle of a job-someone will ask me to do something else and just want to finish it or else it will be on my mind.
It gets annoying.

stjarna
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2008, 2:13 pm

I feel the same way too. I love routines and do NOT respond well to surprises. I need to know in advance if there's something I have to do outside my own little world. I need to prepare myself and plan for it...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 2:14 pm

Josie wrote:
I'll be in the middle of a job-someone will ask me to do something else and just want to finish it or else it will be on my mind.

The worst part is when you go to do whatever they told you to do, and then you forget what you were doing before...and then you get yelled at for it :x

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

04 May 2008, 5:42 pm

I'm as far from routine as earth is from pluto.

I have no routine. My life is one big jumbled mess full of confusion, doubt and uncertainty...but thats what life is anyway...one big story which has many different chapters, changes and sometimes even unwelcomed surprises.
It's all a part of the ride from birth 'till death.

IMO, sometimes you have to accept the fact that you can't control everything that happens in your life and you just have to go in what direction life takes you, whatever that may be.

I used to have a strict routine a few years ago but I lost all motivation to stick to it. Depression is hell...but it certainly made me a lot more flexable, which isn't a bad thing at all.

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2008, 6:37 pm

First do you have AS or something on the spectrum? If yes don't your parents know what that means and its symptoms?

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 6:40 pm

I've lived my entire life on a routine. Any disruptions really bother me. :evil:

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 7:18 pm

I love knowing in advance what will be going outside of my little world.. but I do like susprises once in awhile.

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2008, 7:26 pm

I thrive well in a more structured working life, though leave my personal live to spontaneity.