Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Hashberry
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2008, 6:09 pm

I find in company (the less familiar or the more people, the worse it is) i tend to freeze in position and become mute to varying degrees, at best very subtle and at worst i can be frozen in fairly awkward positions.

I can be fine and then i sink into rigid sitting positions or akward ones where i might be leaning uncomfortably in one persons direction frightened of making a move as it feels like it will be jarring and noticeable. This might happen when talking to two different people say slighlty either side of me its like my body rusts up and also my mind doesent want to offend one party or other (equal rights!) so i can send out some weird conflicting body signals. My body feels like when i move it a millimeter like its moving a foot.

Does this sound like catatonia (i think mixed in with as and in fact there has been a study finding that in as the incidence of catatonia is something like 13% or so.

Do you think catatonia can exhibit itself in much more subtle forms than the hollywood stereotype?

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2008, 6:33 pm

Are you trying to have these things? Thats all your posting about, do I have this or that. Since you seem to want it so bad you are a hypocondract

Hashberry
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2008, 6:38 pm

DanteRF wrote:
Are you trying to have these things? Thats all your posting about, do I have this or that. Since you seem to want it so bad you are a hypocondract

Not at all. This is my second account my first was more flipant, my crap name hashberry chosen badly. I am here now to ask serious questions.

I have (long before hearing the word autism etc) believed since i was 17 in 1980 odd, noticed this symptom and it is a regular thing for me in social situations.