Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2005, 6:22 am

I don't like house cockroaches, flies and mosquitoes. Garden cockroaches are okay with me, though.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2005, 6:25 am

I used to save hairy caterpillars from being stepped on but unfortunately, most of them had already been trodden into the ground. I think some people stepped on them purposely. :( I certainly wouldn't.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2005, 6:26 am

Pandora wrote:
I don't like house cockroaches, flies and mosquitoes. Garden cockroaches are okay with me, though.

My friend once had loads of cockroaches.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2005, 7:37 am

Insects are great little critters! And Spiders!

As a kid I usually had a grasshopper or praying mantis in my pocket. My dad used to photograph butterflies and dragonflies and spiders and other little critters. I have some great photos by dad of enlarged pictures of an ant and some butterfly ones. My brother has my favourite which is a stick instect.

I allow the huntsman spiders to wonder around the house. This usually means that we have wolf spiders aswell because I find it hard to tell the difference. The only deal is that they don't wake me up crawling across my face.

My daughter HATES millipedes! With a passion. She is not freaked by them. She just cannot stand the feeling of all those little legs crawling on her skin. Even the thought of it is enough for her to start protesting.

I got a fly drunk once.

Oh yeah...my friends and I used to have pet flys at school. The blowflies were the best pets. We would get a peice of cotten and gently tie it in a knot around the fly's neck. (Do Fly's have necks?). Not too tight or woops, no more fly. Opon success of teathering the fly, we would tie the other end of the cotton to the end of our pens.

Elfman's daily 'poor me' message, brought to you by "It's All About Me" free to air frequency.
Thankyou for you subscription!

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2005, 7:43 am

ElfMan wrote:
Insects are great little critters! And Spiders!

As a kid I usually had a grasshopper or praying mantis in my pocket. My dad used to photograph butterflies and dragonflies and spiders and other little critters. I have some great photos by dad of enlarged pictures of an ant and some butterfly ones. My brother has my favourite which is a stick instect.

I allow the huntsman spiders to wonder around the house. This usually means that we have wolf spiders aswell because I find it hard to tell the difference. The only deal is that they don't wake me up crawling across my face.

My daughter HATES millipedes! With a passion. She is not freaked by them. She just cannot stand the feeling of all those little legs crawling on her skin. Even the thought of it is enough for her to start protesting.

I got a fly drunk once.

Oh yeah...my friends and I used to have pet flys at school. The blowflies were the best pets. We would get a peice of cotten and gently tie it in a knot around the fly's neck. (Do Fly's have necks?). Not too tight or woops, no more fly. Opon success of teathering the fly, we would tie the other end of the cotton to the end of our pens.

I got my dog drunk once.

AND THEN I CRIED.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2005, 11:02 pm

Quote:

You know I've noticed millipedes and centipedes have a strong and unpleasant odor.

Quote:
I got a fly drunk once.

Hehe. I drunk a fly once. Ewwwwwwww... A bit more protein in the drink than I had intended.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2005, 11:15 pm

[quote="Sophist"]You know I've noticed millipedes and centipedes have a strong and unpleasant odor.[/size]
I average one centipede inside my house every year and I've never noticed an odor from them. When I was younger, I used to catch them and keep them in a bug box for a couple days before releasing them.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2005, 12:49 am

Hmmm... maybe it's just Missouri millepedes and centipedes. Cause when I'd pick 'em up, they'd make my hands smell bad.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2005, 3:39 am

Lemurs get stoned out of their skulls using millipede/centipede cyanide. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AND THEN I CRIED.

WhiteRaven_214
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Aug 2005, 11:38 pm

I like the insect genus hymenoptera

that's bees, wasps and ants

I was so obcessed with A Bug's Life, nothing in the outside world ever mattered anymore, besides the insect genus hymenoptera

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 6:12 am

While I was off work last year, I used to go to the employment agency and walked along a path near the old Kirwan women's hospital. For a few weeks, the path was covered with tiny black millipedes and I really had to watch my step not to tread on any of them.

There's centipedes in my garden but I'm a bit scared of them because I'm told they can sting and they look really fierce. I once picked up a big load of old leaves to use as mulch on the garden and when I put it down, a big centipede crawled out. I jumped high in the air and screamed but once I realised what it was, it wasn't so bad.

When we had floods a few years ago, underneath my house flooded and I found two drowned centipedes. I couldn't bury them as the yard was all flooded so I put them on an ice cream container lid. Amazingly, one of them actually wasn't dead and I was eventually able to replace it in the garden.

I like St Andrews cross spiders - stripey and quite large and money spiders and most other kinds of spiders.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 6:18 am

I would really want a scorpion and to create human-scorpion hybrids.

AND THEN I CRIED.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 6:22 am

Actually, we might have some already. Some people have a real sting to them but then they look just like other people only more sour and cranky.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 6:27 am

Pandora wrote:
Actually, we might have some already. Some people have a real sting to them but then they look just like other people only more sour and cranky.

True. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AND THEN I CRIED.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 10:33 am

Sophist wrote:
Quote:

You know I've noticed millipedes and centipedes have a strong and unpleasant odor.

Quote:
I got a fly drunk once.

Hehe. I drunk a fly once. Ewwwwwwww... A bit more protein in the drink than I had intended.

LOL! They do stink don't they!! Maybe it's foot odour.

Elfman's daily 'poor me' message, brought to you by "It's All About Me" free to air frequency.
Thankyou for you subscription!

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 11:24 am

ElfMan wrote:
Sophist wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
I got a fly drunk once.

LOL! They do stink don't they!! Maybe it's foot odour.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Clever.

AND THEN I CRIED.