Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 7:36 pm

My mother does, and this shrink she took me to to get me diagnosed said he could tell I was just by talking to me, and I think adverb thinks so, and username88 said "Believe me, you are." A shrink told my mother I might be autistic when I was really small.

Who in your life thinks or thought you were AS?

16 May 2008, 7:43 pm

My parents know, my relatives, my first ex. my current boyfriend, my shrink and my old shrink. My old school counselor, some of my online friends, I think that's it.

There is an online friend who suspected it just by the way I was posting and the things I was saying and also the fact I was taking things literal.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 7:54 pm

I first stumbled upon Asperger's from Gamefaq's messageboards someone told a poster Go get a job! The person replyed he's not good socially and he had Asperger's (I at the time and still have a Psychology obsession so I type it in Google read one article and was done.) My mom came to me one day and said my sister was searching the web and found something that fit me it sounded JUST LIKE ME. At first I was dissapointed not knowing what it was and then hearing the term Asperger's I dove into the internet again for myself instead of someone else and ALOT of the behaviors on lists,that Asperger's test plus behaviors here lead me to believe I am an Aspie (OK I SAID IT AHHHHHH!) LOL!! !!

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2008, 9:50 pm

No one I know in RL is acquainted with AS, but my online friend who has AS talked with me for several months and she saw it in me long before I saw it myself.

After I told my RL friend that I thought I might have AS he said, "Ah, so that's it. I knew you were different I just never thought AS." My Mom, who never believes in any sort of mental disturbance unless there's frothing at the mouth, said I fit a lot of the symptoms after I explained it to her briefly.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 10:14 pm

One of my teachers knew I was autistic BEFORE I was even diagnosed last year, he apparently suspected it 2 years ago when I was a Sophmore. :P

Lol :lol:

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

17 May 2008, 7:07 am

Before my mother knew what AS was (or any form of autism) she didn't think I had AS because she hadn't even heard of the condition.
My shrink I saw at age 14 was the first person to suspect some kind of ASD. When I was diagnosed at age 15 by a different shrink, she said that she could tell I had AS after speaking with me for 2 minutes.
Even though I try to act "normal", people who know what AS is generally seem to know I have it. >_< and those who don't know what it is, just think i'm weird. :roll:
When I first met with someone from AutismNZ at a cafe, she said that she could tell I had AS by my body language (or lack of it) and by the way I talked.
My mother, after learning about AS, says that she can see it in me when i'm stressed or anxious, but otherwise I seem typical, if not a bit odd.
My grandmother thinks I have it because of my lack of desire to socialize with others. I don't lack desire, i'm just too unmotivated to do it at present.
The principal of my school when I was 11 put me in a special needs class. This was before I was diagnosed, so he must have known something wasn't right with me in one way or another.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 7:12 am

Julie Fox and Louise Ford (two psychologists), plus a government psycho. O, and a GP.

Those above think such for I can talk.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 7:27 am

In my case that's two professionals.

They came to the conclusion that I'm on the spectrum and must have Asperger's Syndrome.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 7:40 am

As an addendum:

A psychiatrist and a psychologist both think I have Kanner's Autism. I agree with the former, objectively. He has seen me for years, and he knows far more about my behaviour than those above who've only seen me for a few sessions at most (two have seen me once, and two a few times each).

I only care for which one I have for factual accuracy (if I can't rely on the predictability of the diagnostic criteria, I kinda get thrown out of my routine of certainty; I don't like ambiguity).

Tormod
Raven
Raven

17 May 2008, 8:46 am

My father thought I could have AS when I was really little, but I wasn't told about it before I got a diagnosis. I don't know if anyone else thinks I have AS. But nobody’s ever told me about it.