Page 13 of 20 [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2009, 3:33 am

I'm 30 but people think I'm early 20s. I have a theory that we age at a different rate to normal people.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 6:36 am

MikaelL wrote:
Avengilante wrote:
I have a portrait in my attic that does my aging for me.

Is that you, Dorian? :)

Danielismyname wrote:
Lack of facial expressions?

Bing. There you got it. Lack of facial expressions is interprated more innocent, some say angellike (i read somewhere someone calling autistict "between animal and angel", angel when introverted, animal when extroverted..).

Garbos lack of facial expressions was "unforgettable", i guess people saw what they wanted to see..

I look younger too. :)

BTW about the angel thing, a Danish mother to an autistic girl has made a homepage about her daughter and called it "Englesind" (Angel Mind). She does look like an angel! :) :

www.englesind.dk

(I often sit and look in the same way too, but I don't know if it looks angel-like).

Raikai
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2009, 6:46 am

Avengilante wrote:

Dorian Gray?

:)

Raikai

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 6:48 am

Shelby wrote:
I'm 30 but people think I'm early 20s. I have a theory that we age at a different rate to normal people.

I like your theory.
My theory is it's a gift.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 12:21 pm

I might scare some people off in the near future if I talk (probably not, as it takes lots of persuasion and energy and makes me sad afterwards.
I have a pretty low voice.
Although I think I look 15.
Some of the people in my class are 17 and they do not look it.
I do not think I will age much, because of my flat affect.
I do not think I will age much physically or mentally or emotionally.
But I do think I will grow a beard.
I like not having hair on my face, and shaving is going to be a pain but having the option of beard magnificence is reassuring (somehow).

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 2:58 pm

When I was in high school, people still thought that I was a freshman when I was a senior. I think that it could be a mix of how we act (which tends to be "childlike" to some) and, possibly, that we age slower. Maybe it could also be that while people are trying to look younger (or older, depending on their age in some societies, especially in the US), we just don't care. It seems that most aspies are slightly (or majorly) oblivious to current trends, especially with fashion. People who go to tanning beds regularly tend to develop wrinkles earlier and look a bit older than they really are. I've never regularly put on makeup or have tried to get the newest creams and glamour products or have ever gone tanning. These factors probably have to do with how old or young you look. I think that I personally look a lot younger than I am (at 21 years), even for most aspies, is that I go running all the time. I've been involved in cross country running and track & field since middle school. I'm still involved in track and cross country in college. I definitely think looking older or younger has to do with many variables, as with almost anything.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 3:31 pm

I always thought it's because of my Lappid facial features. And oily hair, oily skin with less or more acne.

I'm too young to say I look really younger, but I think my aging stopped at 17-18 years. I have to show my ID and confirm I'm really 18+. People don't believe when I speak about my High School with dates, but it's also because I went to school 2 years earlier.
I think if I was smaller and skinner, I'd look more younger.

I think it's feature like DS or Kabuki have.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

ASgirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2010, 3:53 pm

i think i look younger because i am not a big fan of make up and have never used a sunbed or into the whole tanning thing.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 3:56 pm

I don't know why, but I've always looked younger than I am. Believe me, when you're in your 40s and you get carded, it's a good feeling :) I didn't like it so much when I was in my 20s and ppl thought I was a teenager.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 4:02 pm

People are usually surprised to find that I am in fact fifteen, and not sixteen or seventeen. While my face does have a bit of an aged look to it, I think it is mainly because I have long hair and facial hair. The nearly-bald look that both toddlers and my peers sport makes them look rather young in comparison.

nancydrew
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Mar 2010, 6:12 pm

Quote:

That really made me laugh. What a great book.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 6:28 pm

I have noticed browsing through the photo sections that a lot of the aspies have big eyes, which are usually associated with children. This will often make an adult look a little younger because of the association with child-like innocence.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 6:56 pm

Photo sections?
I have not heard of any such a thing.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 7:13 pm

ursaminor wrote:
Photo sections?
I have not heard of any such a thing.

The stickies and threads where people have posted pictures of themselves. Sorry for the vagueness.

Brennan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2010, 7:56 pm

I just turned 35 and one of the new girls in my office almost died of shock when she heard my age. She thought I was about 28. Then again, I dress like a teenage boy and my hairstyle is very basic - in a ponytail with a fringe, so no wonder I don't look my age.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 8:24 pm

Natural low levels of botox in our bloodstreams.