Page 1 of 20 [ 320 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2008, 10:14 am

I look younger. It could be we don't develop mentally as well as phhysically.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 10:16 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
-Life style. (aspies are less likely to go to parties, drink, do drugs, trash their bodies etc)

Where is this notion coming from? I don't have to got to parties and bars to drink myself stupid. I think in many cases, Aspies may be more prone to self-medicate due to depression and problems sleeping.

_BRI_
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 May 2008, 10:28 am

JWRed wrote:
I look younger. It could be we don't develop mentally as well as phhysically.

It's funny thou. They have found our brains are 10/20% bigger in some ares between ages 2/4, then 5/10% bigger thru ages 5/10 and going to a reversal -10% as adults. So we are potentially more mature as childs and then we pay it with inertia.. or we are supposed to be that way?

I mean, science progress... they say we are evolving socially when I see the same problems we have had 3000 years ago. Crime, poverty, religion, envy, greed... but we have cell phones now?

Are we the core of object/manipulation evolution or just "different" guys with the stigma of retardation?

Einstein, Copernico, Mozart.. I mean... just the crazy ones who stood up among the mainstream or the propellers of science. If this condition is genetic we could be talking about the guy who made the first spear when they were arguing who was the king of the valley?

deadpanhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2008, 10:36 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Lack of facial expressions?

I think this is probably a big part. Since adolescence i've had an appearance obsession and studied methods for fighting aging. One of the big causes of loss of plumpness and slackening in the facial skin is simply movement in the facial muscles and the resultant stretching of skin. The biggest cause for wrinkles is sun damage, and i have a sneaky suspicion that most of our obsessions are indoors. Plus, going outside often means meeting people.

And i thought for all these years that it was due to my carefully planned skin care! Well, maybe that has put me over the top; people's jaws often actually drop when they learn i have two teenagers.

I would bet, though that it's all of the above.

dr-zero
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 May 2008, 10:53 am

Hi,

Interesting post, because this happens with me too.

I have 36, but some people say they think I don't have more than 30, some even less.

missboots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2008, 11:02 am

This is interesting. My Mother is autistic and she's 39, but doesn't look much different than she did at 16. I wasn't aware it could be due to Autism. People always freak out when we're out and I call her 'Mom.' We apparently look the same age.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 11:06 am

I look old for my age. I'm 16 and I could pass for someone at least 10 years older. People come up to me in the street and ask if I'm a tax payer and offer me alcohol deals at restuarants.

deadpanhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2008, 11:21 am

Nico wrote:
I look old for my age. I'm 16 and I could pass for someone at least 10 years older. People come up to me in the street and ask if I'm a tax payer and offer me alcohol deals at restuarants.

Yup, when i was in my teens, people thought i was older too. After i became an adult, it reversed as i got older but stayed looking nearly the same.

Anyone else?

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

22 May 2008, 11:25 am

Willard wrote:
Brittany2907 wrote:
-Life style. (aspies are less likely to go to parties, drink, do drugs, trash their bodies etc)

Where is this notion coming from? I don't have to got to parties and bars to drink myself stupid. I think in many cases, Aspies may be more prone to self-medicate due to depression and problems sleeping.

It's coming from talking to people on the spectrum via WP and msn.
It seems that the majority avoid these things (well, most of who i've talked to).

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 11:33 am

Gosh I never thought of that, When I was 22 I was selling cards for a trading card game at a flea market and most of my customers where high-school students, one asked what grade I was in and laughed "Buddy, I am a college graduate and have a job" the kid said 'wow, I couldn't tell that you where that old'

I will be 26 in a few months and I don't don't look any different from when I was 18.

MikaelL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2008, 11:48 am

Avengilante wrote:
I have a portrait in my attic that does my aging for me.

Is that you, Dorian? :)

Danielismyname wrote:

Bing. There you got it. Lack of facial expressions is interprated more innocent, some say angellike (i read somewhere someone calling autistict "between animal and angel", angel when introverted, animal when extroverted..).

Garbos lack of facial expressions was "unforgettable", i guess people saw what they wanted to see..

deadpanhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2008, 11:54 am

Chibi_Neko wrote:
Gosh I never thought of that, When I was 22 I was selling cards for a trading card game at a flea market and most of my customers where high-school students, one asked what grade I was in and laughed "Buddy, I am a college graduate and have a job" the kid said 'wow, I couldn't tell that you where that old'

I will be 26 in a few months and I don't don't look any different from when I was 18.

This is the great part, at least for ladies. Getting hit on by a 16 year old when one is married with two children is a huge boost!

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 11:57 am

deadpanhead wrote:
This is the great part, at least for ladies. Getting hit on by a 16 year old when one is married with two children is a huge boost!

I get hit on by men at least 10 years older than me because I look older...it's not that good :lol:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:00 pm

:x

I've often wondered why way older men do that sort of stuff to young women unless they think they look younger themselves.

Isthisreal
Raven
Raven

22 May 2008, 12:13 pm

Quote:

I believe you're correct.
Less facial expressions= less wrinkles= looking younger

I had thought about this before and this was the answer I came up with.

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:23 pm

I'm told I look younger than I am, and its partly because I don't have some of the typical stresses of a middle-aged man (no wife and kids) and emotionally I think I'm stuck somewhere around 18 years old. If I think like a youth I look like a youth?

Z