Toucan

23 May 2008, 6:35 am

i love animals...i have 3 cats and 2 dogs
i can't imagine not having any

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 8:03 am

Im not really into pets but each 2 they own.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 7:40 pm

I would be lonely without pets.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 1:44 am

I was never into pets for one thing my mom and dad don't like pets so we never had one in the house but I wouldn't mind have one to keep me company.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 2:32 am

I like dogs alot.

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 3:39 am

I LOVE cats and HATE DOGS WITH A PASSION I got attacked by a dog as a child and find their behaviour unpredicatable which I hate. Cats are my aspie obsession I love them so much I would be more lonely than I already am without my boys. I have a five month old kitten Saphemie and a 13 year old cat CG. Check the below links to find more about them.

http://www.unitedcats.com/cat/Cginger
http://www.unitedcats.com/cat/saphemie

craola
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2008, 5:00 am

I love animals, I have my own dog, a Cocker Spaniel called Amelie she is one and a half and then we have a family dog, a Black Labrador called Letty :)
I also have a rabbit named Lucida :)

I would love a cat or another dog but when I got my rabbit I have really struggled with fitting her in my routine so I don't think im going to be allowed any more pets. I couldn't live without my dog though, she actually saved my life, she brought me back from the deepest depression and kept me going. When I don't want to be touched by anyone I can always hold her, shes really naughty as well so she makes me laugh :)

Bradford
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2008, 9:33 am

Gotta admit I'm not a dog person AT ALL. Most of what they do is offensive to me, whether it's the servility or the aggression. Part of it's the barking I overreact to, since I'm overly sensitive to noise. I'm also a great fan of wildlife. I have deer in my yard most days and this would not happen if "man's best friend" was around. Part of it is taking it out on them instead of the thoughtless owners who don't care about what the neighbors are going through (have filed many a police complaint over the years). Maybe one in ten dogs have characters that I can really like, and get down and play with - and then I have a genuinely good time.
Have also become less fond of cats over the years, except for the local mountain lions and bobcats of course. But a big part of that is intellectual, knowing what they are doing to the bird population here in the US. Then there's the drain and on the planet's resources by both dogs and cats (and no, these resources shouldn't be diverted to support humanity - they should be left alone).
My last pet, twenty years ago, was a ferret.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 12:38 pm

I get along with my dog, more than I get along with most people.

hiunikel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2008, 1:09 pm

i love cats and small animals as well .. but i hate bug dogs

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 1:09 pm

I like most animals. They're better companions that people, most of the time. :lol:
I have a cat, used to have two, but one took off and never came home a few years ago.

My cat is my best friend as far as I'm concerned. She's amazing at picking up on my mood and always knows when I need her. She's very affectionate, but always at the right time. My little comforter!

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2008, 2:07 pm

samantca wrote:
I love animals. Im fairly certain i would go insane if i couldnt have pets. I cant imagine living without my cats, but id also like a dog some day. Ive been an avid animal lover my entire life, and almost nothing affects me more than seeing animals in pain. Animal abuse is one of the worst things i know. I react more strongly to seeing an animal killed in a movie than seeing a person being killed in a movie.

I totally agree with you on the animal abuse issue, as you can see in my sig. Whenever I hear on the news that an animal has been abused or see it happen in movies, it just makes me want to :cry:

Anyway, I love animals, especially my 3 dogs, a sheltie, pomeranian, and chihuahua. I feel I can relate to them in so many ways. The best thing about them is the unconditional love they give, and they won't treat you badly just because you come across as different or don't fit in, have a weird sense of humor, etc. They just accept you for who you are. I could sometimes do without the barking, though. :wink:

26 May 2008, 1:09 pm

I'm not a pet lover but I like cats and dogs. I would never have a lot of dogs or cats because I know how expensive it gets to keep them fed and the fact it makes your house smell. It's illegal anyway so have so many cats and dogs. I have heard about people who had their pets taken away because they had too many of them.
I am looking forward to see my cat again when I go out to Montana again this week. I am hoping I will have her again as my pet if I ever get a house, if the housing program even allows pets. I also want a Dalmatian but I heard they are expensive.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 9:51 pm

I used to despise dogs as a little kid. They were just to in your face and unpredictable. "Kitties" were my first obsession. The first word I learned to read was cat. Meerkats are my favorite (hence my user name) and I really want to own one as a pet but the stupid fish and game people have made it illegal to do so. People tell me I should get a ferret instead. I don't want a ferret, I want a meerkat. I would name it Jamiroquai and even carry it around in a purse like people do with little dogs. It would not be lonely because it would be with me constantly. It would probably forget how to walk because I'd be holding it all the time. I would even buy it a rhinestone collar to wear when I took it out.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 2:42 pm

My cat is my best friend. I don't know how I got by before I had her.

Also, if I see a cat or dog in the street I will generally go & talk to it. (It's funny when it's someone walking a dog, & I say "Hello" to the dog intead of to the owner!)

5thelement

27 May 2008, 7:54 pm

Quote:
Also, if I see a cat or dog in the street I will generally go & talk to it. (It's funny when it's someone walking a dog, & I say "Hello" to the dog intead of to the owner!)
[/quote]

oh yeah! me too, and I often recognise the dogs but not their owners :)