Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vimse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2008, 11:23 am

I love animals, and I have cats, degus, rats and vietnamese walking sticks (insects that look like sticks)

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 11:42 am

I love animals in general, right now I have 4 cats, 5 rats, 1 ferret, and 1 budgie bird.

I like dogs but I would not have one because they are too high maintenance for my lifestyle.

New-Angie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2008, 12:07 pm

I love animals much more than people, they get to my heart - people stay on the facade.
I have two cats but I would love to have a real zoo, having to limit myself, cats are my best companions.

I just recently came across a book called: "All cats have Aspergers". And I found it's very true, they behave and feel and live a lot like Aspies - makes them even more lovable to me!

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:18 pm

I luv you guys' avatars BTW.

When I first joined this site I was shocked, cat lovers? 8O

They're sooo cute. :P

Ahem...Ok back to topic.

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:46 pm

Willard wrote:
Can dogs have AS?

Well, one of our dogs seems pretty stupid, so she's either a ret*d or an autistic/aspie dog. Very gorgeous and often realises when you want attention from her, but very slow. Our other dog is just about the opposite (also in main colour, actually) but they both love each other very much.

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:51 pm

Alaspi wrote:
I love small friendly dogs. I don't dislike big dogs, some are very nice, but their size can be a bit overwhelming for me since I am a small person.

That's exactly how I feel! But I'm not small, however. I'm very big for my age. I'm fourteen and I'm about 5 foot 7. We have two very small jack rascals (slight pun there) and they are very cute and gorgeous - but they do like jumping up and licking your face. That's because they like you though. :)

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 1:38 pm

I've never thought about petting animals to be a stim but now that it was brought up, it could be. I love petting animals. I could sit and pet one or two for an hour or more. I've had times when I have three or more pets around and wished I had extra hands.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 2:32 pm

samantca wrote:
...almost nothing affects me more than seeing animals in pain. Animal abuse is one of the worst things i know.

I'm the same way :x I got it from my dad.

I saw photos online once of a cat being tortured (apparently to death, I only saw the first three pics) and I was traumatized all day :cry: :cry: :cry:

But let's not think about that.

I love my kitty, even though he's a bit tempermental <3

Dogs are okay, but it takes a while for me to really get to know them before I can open up to them. I can't stand when you meet a new dog, especially if he's huge, and he just tries to jump all over you and slobber and knock you down :x Gross.

Once I get to know them, I like them...we have two dogs, one is getting old, she just lays around all day. The other one is a smallish boy, nice little lap dog...he's pretty disobedient (not my fault, honest, he's not my dog), but I like to run around and play with him (something you can't quite do with cats). And sometimes when I call him he'll jump up on my bed and lay in my lap for a minute.

My favorite thing about pets is when they sense that you're not feeling well, and they try to comfort you.

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2008, 4:16 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
samantca wrote:
...almost nothing affects me more than seeing animals in pain. Animal abuse is one of the worst things i know.

Dogs are okay, but it takes a while for me to really get to know them before I can open up to them. I can't stand when you meet a new dog, especially if he's huge, and he just tries to jump all over you and slobber and knock you down :x Gross.

My favorite thing about pets is when they sense that you're not feeling well, and they try to comfort you.

Yup i can really relate to this. I like dogs, but a dog is kinda like a kid jumping in your face the moment you see them (i do like them, but not the pushy ones).

All animals seem to have this thing where they know you are down, everytime ive been thinking about bad things/suicide etc my cat comes and just lays down on my lap. I love him <3

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 5:26 pm

There are no less than 4 cats in our household. I like cats a lot, I find them very soothing except when one particular one decides to run around the house and jump on my back. She's a bit mad, so that's probably why we get on. :lol: Since I live in a bungalow, the cats often climb in through the window at night when it's open. It's ok when it's just one of them, but having four cats on my bed when I'm trying to sleep can get a bit too much.

I've always seen cats as sleek, sophisticated and intelligent. Nobody knows what they think about when they sit in one place, hardly moving, or even if they do 'think' at all, in our sense of the word. To sum up, I like cats.

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2008, 5:35 pm

we have 2 cats in our family - i love the male who constantly acts sheepish and very cuddly yet the female is very feisty in comparison. i don't know much about cats generally so maybe this is normal?

some dogs i like, non-aggressive looking ones I guess. id love to own one but barking is something that would drive me mad

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 5:41 pm

I like both dogs and cats. I dont know which I like more. I have one of each here.

Taking a break.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 7:42 pm

I love animals of all kinds. I've had dogs and cats. Currently, I have ten cats (five indoor cats and five feral cats) and a dog. I find myself especially fond of cats, particularly tabbies, Siamese and Calicos.

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2008, 8:01 pm

I adore many cats for their beyond-human elegance.

I fail to understand the point in the existence of all the aggressive dogs humans have bred, such as the rottweiler and the alsatian.

asperity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 May 2008, 10:12 pm

I like the company of cats and dogs so much more than human company. Humans confuse me and make me feel uncomfortable. Cats and dogs can tell you things without words (or headgames).

kaytie
Toucan
Toucan

23 May 2008, 6:35 am

i love animals...i have 3 cats and 2 dogs
i can't imagine not having any