ever have those you hate people days?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 10:20 pm

oscuria wrote:
No. If I become annoyed it is a problem within me, and not another. If that wasn't the case then that would imply others have control of me, by becoming annoyed, or hateful, over their actions.

Such feelings within me fade away pretty quickly.

You're lucky then. It's not easy for me.

I get easily annoyed by things such as loud throat clearing, particular ways of chewing, and other mannerisms. I also get really annoyed by people who seem gruff or overly assertive in manner.

Hate is definitely too strong a word for most individuals though. I’m just extremely sensitive to being bothered and people inevitably bother me in some way or another. I wish I wasn’t this way but it’s hard to change how my brain is wired. I’m quite sure a lot of it has to due with my social anxiety and sensory issues. Hence also the problem I have with crowds.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 10:45 pm

marshall wrote:

I get easily annoyed by things such as loud throat clearing, particular ways of chewing, and other mannerisms. I also get really annoyed by people who seem gruff or overly assertive in manner.

Hate is definitely too strong a word for most individuals though. I’m just extremely sensitive to being bothered and people inevitably bother me in some way or another. I wish I wasn’t this way but it’s hard to change how my brain is wired. I’m quite sure a lot of it has to due with my social anxiety and sensory issues. Hence also the problem I have with crowds.

I get annoyed easily, but the emotion fades as soon as im not around the annoyance. Hate is strong word.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 1:08 am

I have alot of those days where I don't even want to talk to anybody not even my family.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 4:07 am

sometimes-.- it often leads me to yell people and in here thats immediatly restaint :(

craola
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2008, 4:47 am

Yes, I must admit that I quite often have I hate the English as well, especially when Im in other countries.
Its just so difficult some days, I want to lock myself in my room, its like the sound of voices hurts my ears and every single thing anyone does sends me closer to meltdown.

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2008, 5:49 am

Oh yes, see the thread "Should I be upset by this" and you'll see the same thing happened to me! Yeah sometimes I'm tempted to just stop caring and live in my own little autistic world.

deadpanhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2008, 7:14 am

oscuria wrote:
No. If I become annoyed it is a problem within me, and not another. If that wasn't the case then that would imply others have control of me, by becoming annoyed, or hateful, over their actions.

Very well said. I would not say that i have "hate people" days as i choose to let things go rather than eat me up inside. That would only hurt me anyway, then i in turn would hurt others, making me every bit as guilty. I can also choose to take care of or verbalize to someone who can help a need for solitude before i reach the point where i am tempted to loathe someone. (And i assure you, i have been plenty tempted. :wink: When i was younger, i gave in a good bit.) Finally, i can choose to focus on my own responsibility in any relationship rather than on the other person's. Taking all the responsibility for trouble usually results in them taking their part of it also and we all win.

I have gone through a few incredibly painful times when people truly have been wrong and i have wanted to flee and live like a hermit. But then i realize that i am no picnic to live with either and have no right to 'cast a stone'. In fact, i can be demanding and downright mean. Whether we like to admit it or not, we need others and need to work at getting along with them.

Do i ever have days when i just can't handle the overload of interaction without going catatonic? Yup.

EDIT:Ah, i posted my message from last night before seeing these.

Beenthere wrote:
I don't "hate" them...I'd just like to be invisible so I didn't have to talk to them some days.

Well said again.

marshall wrote:

These problems are difficult. I find it helps to use some small strategies like putting a teensy bit of cotton in my ears. It isn't really noticeable and it helps more than it seems it would. As for gruff, overbearing and cranky people, i've grown to find them funny. It's like watching a cartoon because if you consider the context and their behavior logically, it is pretty silly. A lot of this may be a matter of age, experience and brain-storming up some coping strategies. I hope this is of any help!

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 6:48 am

Shelby wrote:
Oh yes, see the thread "Should I be upset by this" and you'll see the same thing happened to me! Yeah sometimes I'm tempted to just stop caring and live in my own little autistic world.

I feel the same way. You try to make the effort to communicate and open up. Then oneday, the people you did that to suddenly say something really cruel or stop talking to you all together after you did your job of listening to their life drama and giving unbiased advise.

Then it feels like, okay what was the point of even doing it in the first place?

I think people are lying through their teeth about this whole social game. They were just told to go along with it for the sake of going along with it and materials that could potentially be obtained to further suit their own selfish wants.

Yes, I can really hate the human race. With this hatred, I just leave them alone to do whatever it is they feel is so great and normal.

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 12:35 am

I really don't hate anyone but there are people I avoid.
Somedays I would rather be left alone and just plain out don't care. I have days where I want to be social if I am really excited and happy about something.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 1:32 am

I hate people as a whole, so yeah; it's my life.

kaytie
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2008, 4:51 am

yes alot of those days,
i use hate loosely but i think
i meant to say annoyed.

CottlestonPie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2008, 11:25 pm

I hate people every day. I'm learning to tolerate them, though. It's better than being angry all the time.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 2:32 am

oscuria wrote:
marshall wrote:

I get annoyed easily, but the emotion fades as soon as im not around the annoyance. Hate is strong word.

I don't care. I really do feel hatred. It subsides. I hate how people act as though so many f*cked up things they say is really no big deal when really if they suffered the same crappy treatment their whole life repeatedly, they'd become at least a little if not completely pissed off and thus far I've handled it quite well.

I seriously need to take up ignoring people again. hah

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 2:34 pm

woodsman25 wrote:
Ya, I mean half the time I am fine but the other half of the time I wont talk or look at people, like at work or whatever, and really need to be left alone.

Yes, that's it exactly! It's not people as individuals I hate, it's people plural, as in the fact that they're always there.....

It's like I only want them to notice me when I've hit my internal "send" button, & the rest of the time I want to be offline......

Birdgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2008, 3:56 pm

With me it seems I either love everyone or hate everyone. It's unpredictable. But usually, most days, I'm just annoyed that people are there, period -- like if I'm going for a walk, or at the grocery store. I want them to go AWAY and let me wander in peace, without so much as being glanced at or brushed against. I don't actually hold it against them, personally.. Though some people do irritate me much more than others for some strange unidentifiable reason. And others I'm totally okay with.

Now today, it was raining.. So I went for a very nice, relaxing long walk. Why? Because no one goes outside when it's raining (weird humans).. So I got it all to myself. Plus, I like the rain. :D

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 6:05 pm

Okay. I hated a person who recently upset me for three days.

My hateful feelings are now normalizing and I'm back to not hating the person.