Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 5:07 pm

how is your blood sugar? Sometimes if your blood sugar is low, you can shake or get dizzy spells. I know when i wait too long to eat, I get shaky hands, dizzy spells, mood swings, and nausea. it might be a possibility.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 5:34 pm

krex wrote:
Point taken and it is a good one. I just hope that we can find a balance. It's not all neurology and it is not all "some other illness" . I am probably coming from the other extreme of females who have been considered "neurotic" until the right test was done to find an actually medical problem..."It's all in your head"..."Yeah, Dr. That's what I'm say...It's a brain tumor" :wink:

I totally agree with you there. There does have to be a balance. Parents can be overly concerned at times and inadvertently cause psychological damage. But there may be other cases where parents are too dismissive of their child’s complaints. It's sometimes hard to know which case it is.

On a separate issue I don't think doctors should ever use language like "all in your head". It's both false and demeaning to dismiss neurological problems as "non-physical" and thus non-serious even though it clearly bothers the patient. Just because there isn’t enough scientific understanding to pin down a cause doesn’t mean the symptom should be treated as if it doesn’t exist. I would prefer it if doctors acted like scientists, being completely honest about their limitations in understanding. A lot of doctors are arrogant know-it-all jackasses though.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 5:47 pm

marshall wrote:
krex wrote:
Point taken and it is a good one. I just hope that we can find a balance. It's not all neurology and it is not all "some other illness" . I am probably coming from the other extreme of females who have been considered "neurotic" until the right test was done to find an actually medical problem..."It's all in your head"..."Yeah, Dr. That's what I'm say...It's a brain tumor" :wink:

I totally agree with you there. There does have to be a balance. Parents can be overly concerned at times and inadvertently cause psychological damage. But there may be other cases where parents are too dismissive of their child’s complaints. It's sometimes hard to know which case it is.

On a separate issue I don't think doctors should ever use language like "all in your head". It's both false and demeaning to dismiss neurological problems as "non-physical" and thus non-serious even though it clearly bothers the patient. Just because there isn’t enough scientific understanding to pin down a cause doesn’t mean the symptom should be treated as if it doesn’t exist. I would prefer it if doctors acted like scientists, being completely honest about their limitations in understanding. A lot of doctors are arrogant know-it-all jackasses though.

QFT<-----and that does not stand for quoted for truth but quit f***ing true :wink:

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/