Page 1 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 7:44 pm

I'm a fast walker too. It's about 1/3 inpatience, 1/3 being lanky and 1/3 natural inclination.
I'm terribly frustrated by supermarkets for this exact reason. I stride up and down the aisles, while the rest of the shoppers dander along and cause blockages. :lol:

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

25 May 2008, 8:29 pm

Yes, I walk briskly most of the time. I'm pretty short, so my pace is surprising to a lot of people.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:11 pm

I walk fast and have a difficult challenge of it if put where I must modify my pace. Back in the day, I lived in Berkeley, CA and called it 'The Berkeley Shuffle.' I could get from one end of Telegraph Avenue from Sproul Plaza to Dwight Way in no time at all. I was quite popular there with the local street people because of it. Before cell phones, word of mouth communication was difficult and someone passing quickly could spread the word immediately.

Merle

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2008, 9:23 pm

nothingunusual wrote:
I'm a fast walker too. It's about 1/3 inpatience, 1/3 being lanky and 1/3 natural inclination.
I'm terribly frustrated by supermarkets for this exact reason. I stride up and down the aisles, while the rest of the shoppers dander along and cause blockages. :lol:

argh, Supermarket dawdlers and blockers :wall: Its frustrating even when I have a lot of time and do not have an intended goal, but it magnifies when I am on a mission, such as is the case occasionally on my lunch break. I think" Yes, I understand that you are on vacation/retired/whatever, and have all day, but I-do-not, it won't kill you to let me pass".

I walk quite quickly to work, and if I have fast music on the ipod, I will walk even faster - its been a bit frustrating because my path of choice recently goes past a piece of land the hospital bought to develop, and they have blocked it off with these big metal fences that have big metal supports on the bottom that sit out on the sidewalk (they aren't bolted down, they just sit there free standing). Invariably, some brain trust has moved it out so far that I have to watch each footfall lest I trip and fall in front of a truck. I guess I will have to slightly alter my path, sigh, if I don't want to slow down. :roll:

25 May 2008, 9:31 pm

Ugh I'm a fast walker and always have been. Everyone walks too slow. My dad walks fast though.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:35 pm

I got out of a lot of unappealing social situations by walking 'with a mission'. Muggers and sexual predators looked for easier marks when I stalked right by them, head down and grimly determined to make the next step take me further.

Merle

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 10:35 pm

I just walk fast, I don't even try to. But there are times when I walk unusually slow too. I walk up and down stairs really slow.

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 12:21 am

I walk fast all the time!! ! I am constanly asked to slow down and people call me speedy. I am impatient I think.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 12:31 am

No. Unusually slow.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 1:59 am

I often run instead of walking. Walking is stressful and I just need to be faster or I get worked up that I still have such a long way to walk.

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2008, 4:12 am

I always walk very quickly but I'm not sure why. It also seems to annoy anyone else I happen to be walking with.

kaytie
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2008, 4:43 am

not really except when i'm in a hurry.

veruniel
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2008, 5:26 am

I'm a fast walker too, and also get agitated when I'm trapped behind slow people. But fortunately my legs aren't all that long, so friends don't have too much trouble keeping up with me...

Draws
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2008, 5:33 am

I've always been a fast walker. I think its more that I have faster regenerating stamina then more of it. I could walk all day long and not be tired (food breaks permited), but if I run for a coulple minutes im down.

Transmogrifier
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 May 2008, 6:23 am

I walk so fast that people mistaken me as 'running away'. About a year ago, I was followed by two girls from the same school, they weren't bullies or anything, they were just following, and the next day I was asked if I knew I was being followed (I answered no) because they had to run after me all the time they were behind me.

Sforzi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 May 2008, 9:00 am

Yup - definitely a fast walker.

Always hated either slow moving people or being stuck behind someone. Even worse, when someone's behind you, too. Can't move forward, can't move back. This is why I can't do supermarkets - or if I have to, I really have to keep a lid on myself. :lol: