Eye expression test by Simon Baron Cohen

Page 15 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 9:09 am

http://socialintelligence.labinthewild.org/mite/

Recommended to switch to desktop site.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 9:34 am

I got a 21, Idk how i guessed on over half of them.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2020, 12:21 am

Edna3362 wrote:
http://socialintelligence.labinthewild.org/mite/

Recommended to switch to desktop site.

I got 33 out of 36.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2020, 5:19 am

Ah - I wanted to say something about this test. It's not easy to pass even if you're an NT.

During this pandemic I've heard NTs say that the wearing of face masks limits the exposure of facial expressions of people and makes them harder to 'read', even though you can still see their eyes. They said they need to see the whole face in order to be able to read the expression around the eyes.

Quote:
Wearing face masks is one of the essential means to prevent the transmission of certain respiratory diseases such as coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Although acceptance of such masks is increasing in the Western hemisphere, many people feel that social interaction is affected by wearing a mask. In the present experiment, we tested the impact of face masks on the readability of emotions. The participants (N = 41, calculated by an a priori power test; random sample; healthy persons of different ages, 18–87 years) assessed the emotional expressions displayed by 12 different faces. Each face was randomly presented with six different expressions (angry, disgusted, fearful, happy, neutral, and sad) while being fully visible or partly covered by a face mask. Lower accuracy and lower confidence in one’s own assessment of the displayed emotions indicate that emotional reading was strongly irritated by the presence of a mask. We further detected specific confusion patterns, mostly pronounced in the case of misinterpreting disgusted faces as being angry plus assessing many other emotions (e.g., happy, sad, and angry) as neutral. We discuss compensatory actions that can keep social interaction effective (e.g., body language, gesture, and verbal communication), even when relevant visual information is crucially reduced.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2020, 5:54 am

I scored 7, not a clue and guessed at all of them.