Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 6:57 pm

When did you realize that you can't survive in this world without talking to anybody. Throughout school I didn't hardly talk and gave up tryin to make friends. It was just a routine wake up hope it's not a bad day at school today then go straight home and play games. It didn't really HIT ME until after High school where you have to go out and get jobs where people like me find everyday to be hell. After 2 jobs I quit and just took a break from society for a half a year - present.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 8:13 pm

About the same time for me - when I got out of high school and went to college. I lived off-campus so I had to get a job on the side and pay rent on a crappy little apartment. It only got worse from there...

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 8:30 pm

You mean that literally? As a baby. I didn't talk then, but I wanted to call out of my mother who had left the room for a moment. I couldn't call her and realised that she'd not come unless I could talk and make her come.

Or you mean just keep talking (to certain people) to a minimum? I never did that. I would get scolded by grandma for not talking to others when I was a kid. I always knew it was important to make people think well of you and to get favours done.

No talking to others makes them take a dislike in you. I was taught that from kindergarten age on.

Or do you mean realising finding friends means finding contacts for hobbies and jobs? I'm not particularly interested in social relationships. But I let people be friends with me if they want, and I came to like it. I just don't know how to make them and I'm not searching out any unless I have a specific reason or want to pass time because I'm bored.