Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 10:50 am

I am careful but when I see the game is worth the candle as they say, I can stake everything on one card and risk everything if there is any chance that the result will turn out positive.

chrism
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2008, 4:53 pm

im possibly the biggest risk taking 15 year old on the planet (not just the wrongplanet, but the whole planet)

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 6:26 pm

don't gamble too much. more like not at all.

on ogame I would be ballsy with my fleets but I tended to lose them :(

rarely use my fleet now and fleetsave all the time (well a lot) in past few days as I got paranoid and my res on my homeworld acumulated and I don't want some n***a with 120 Death Stars to fleetcrash me.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 6:31 pm

I'm a big chicken. I rarely ever risk anything.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 6:37 pm

I'm not sure if you're talking about playing cards or if you're talking about risk tolerance in general, but I am generally fairly cautious. I like to know the possible outcomes as much as possible ahead of time.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 9:21 pm

No, I don't like risking.
The more immediate & obvious the risk, the less likely I am to engage in a behavior (if possible to avoid). Some things I do happen to be risky, but I don't enjoy that feature-potential or promised danger is inherently offputting (and not at all an incentive). Few things seem worth (sufficiently rewarding, enticing) the risk (peril, exposure to attack) for me to do.

SIXLUCY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 9:42 pm

I dont like risking any thing but as the psych told me today, no that not a good idea to be impulsive and I said "I knowIve learnt that the hard way" but the thing is, if you have trouble learning in what way are you supposed to learn.. :roll: ??

dtoxic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2008, 10:05 pm

I take calculated risks. I do cost-benefit analysis. If I want the reward badly enough and I accept the risks I go for it.
My brain refuses to properly analyze the risk-reward ratio for chatting up attractive women. Despite valuing the reward higher than almost anything else there is, it incorrectly assigns an astronomical negative value to rejection, leading to no risk-taking in this area.
But risking life, limb and freedom for amusement is no thang.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 4:54 am

NeantHumain wrote:
I'm not sure if you're talking about playing cards or if you're talking about risk tolerance in general, but I am generally fairly cautious. I like to know the possible outcomes as much as possible ahead of time.

In spite of those cards references used by me I didn't mean risking while playing for example poker but generally risking as such - but speaking of card games, I even like to take the risk because it's only an inocent game, it isn't about money.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 4:56 am

I'm careful and methodical. I don't make many mistakes and have never lost much money. I can't see the point in gambling. It might be fun, but its a lazy way to earn money and easy to lose it.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 5:23 am

I don't like to risk, but sometimes I think that there are things worth risking (like starting my own business, for example)...though I've never tried!