Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 10:30 am

Is there some sort of portable auditory feedback device available (which isn't stupidly expensive)? Sort of like a hearing aid, only so it helps me regulate the volume of my voice (I speak too loudly). I know you can get them for stuttering, but they're delayed and the pitch is altered (and they're really expensive).

Does anyone know?

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 8:42 am

No? :?

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 8:52 am

I have no idea.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 8:57 am

:( Thanks anyway.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 11:54 am

The closest think I can find is:
http://www.kayelemetrics.com/Product%20 ... 0/3500.htm
But things like that are really expensive.

Also there are assistive listening devices (ALDs) for HoH people but they're really expensive. I don't think I need amplification.

All I want is something to feedback the sound. I can almost do it with my dictaphone on pause with an earphone, but it's too big and I can't adjust the volume (and I haven't got an earpiece with a 2.5mm jack).

Oh well.