Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2008, 11:32 pm

Parents demand apology from Savage. Apology is not enough. He may have encouraged rough behavior by some obtuse people and should be held accountable for that.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/p ... &dist=hppr

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:36 am

No apology from savage:

"Some parents of autistic children have called for Savage's firing after he described autism as a racket last week. 'In 99 percent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out,' Savage said on his radio program last Wednesday.

Savage offered no apology in a message posted Monday on his Web site. He said greedy doctors and drug companies were creating a "national panic" by overdiagnosing autism, a mental disorder that inhibits a person's ability to communicate."

acannon
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2008, 7:42 am

paolo wrote:
a mental disorder that inhibits a person's ability to communicate."

That there just shows that he knows next to nothing about autism. It's not just about communication; it's mostly about social interaction. I was the first person to post on WP on this and while I was mad before, I've since let it go. He seriously backpedaled on his website about the comments, he lost an advertiser, and a lot of autism groups are calling for his resignation. I'd say that this time, his comments really bit him in the ass big time and he has to pay for it. It's about time.

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 12:55 am

Savage's statements have a strong similarity to Ahmadinejad' affirmations that "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country,". "In Iran we do not have this phenomenon, I don't know who has told you that we have it."
Savage is also known for his homofobia and in effect he probably had homosexuality in mind when, talking about autism, he added he would say to an autistic child: "Don't sound like an idiot. Don't act like a girl."

Last edited by paolo on 23 Jul 2008, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 2:09 am

And here's my opinion on right wing talk show hosts...

99% of them are thick skulled degenerate troglodytes who haven't been disciplined enough to have any intelligence or compassion. You can't have a decent human being unless you beat it into them as children. :roll:

Savage's father obviously didn't whack him hard enough when he made idiotic comments as a child and that's why he's such a bratty idiot on air. Nobody ever taught him to think before he opens his bloated pie hole. :evil: :evil:

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 11:23 pm

It seems now clear that Savage's outburst, was aimed at advertising himself. But on this basis one could cry "fire" in a theatre. To pretend not to pay for irresponsibility in the use of words, is also absurd.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/doy ... 07-23.html

crazydod
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2008, 7:26 am

Is it just me or is this radio guy autistic? he opens his mouth and says what he thinks (an autistic trait!), he doesnt care if he hurts people (an autistic trait for some!) and he clearly doesnt understand the world he lives in (an autistic trait!). This guy needs to get help becuase he is in denial.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 7:35 am

marshall wrote:
And here's my opinion on right wing talk show hosts...

99% of them are thick skulled degenerate troglodytes who haven't been disciplined enough to have any intelligence or compassion. You can't have a decent human being unless you beat it into them as children. :roll:

Savage's father obviously didn't whack him hard enough when he made idiotic comments as a child and that's why he's such a bratty idiot on air. Nobody ever taught him to think before he opens his bloated pie hole. :evil: :evil:

Have you looked at the LEFT WING ones!?!?!? Many of them are WORSE!

As for that jerk being autistic, it is simply a pattern to get a huge audience. Some don't even believe half of what they say.