Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 4:19 pm

What is it about little specks of dust floating that makes is so fascinating????

Mr 5 HFA was having so much fun waving then about and watching them this morning :?

As far as he was concerned it was way more fun/important that getting ready for school.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 4:24 pm

I suppose it's like watching fish swimming around in a tank. They're interesting and relaxing.

I know I like them, but I don't know why. I haven't seen any for a while.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 4:49 pm

I usedto love to sit in my room with a window or door cracked, the sun would come in with a sliver of light, and I could see what looked "living air." I can't explain it, but I'm glad you noticed it and understand it... My mother would plant me outside, tired of me being inside and "wigging out"...

sim
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 4:52 pm

I always thought it was interesting how small fragments of dust propagated in space, reflecting concentrated collections of light packets.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks but I don't really understand it hence why I am asking you guys. I was getting a bit annoyed because he wasn't getting ready. Ah I guess it is just another autism thing I don't 'get' :lol:

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

I have always found things like that fascinating and still do, we seem to have a greater awareness with the environment around us. Love sun rays and can still sit for hours watching cloud formations and the ever changing world.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 5:10 pm

asplanet wrote:
I have always found things like that fascinating and still do,

Me too. :D

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 5:20 pm

I like dust, I like watching moving water, I like watching and listening to trees moving in the wind.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 5:20 pm

Well they look like little dancing sparkles almost. Same reason, I suppose, that people buy paperweights with glitter in them.

I used to always chase dust particles and try to catch them. (Would still if I had the energy.)

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 5:29 pm

Well, normally, you do not see air, just feel it, but these dust particles kinda visualize air movements. It is fascinating, especially if you cause movement (breathe in the direction or move your finger through it).
If it helps you: It is like a certain method used to visualize how water or similar things flow.
:D

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 6:38 pm

Thanks I think I am starting to understand it better :)
He finds moving water calming too as do alot of people (NT's included)

RustyShackleford
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2008, 7:08 pm

I love this too! The idea that I am constantly breathing in invisible dust inside my house isn't so pleasant I suppose but I do like to watch the air move.

I also love having a crack of sunlight through some opaque curtains on a sunny day and blowing smoke up through the crack of sunlight, watching the twirling patterns. If that's not a reason to start smoking I don't know what is! (incense also works pretty well though but again with the airborne dust!)

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 6:31 am

I think a lot of NTs would be enchanted by dust particles too, if they *noticed* them in the first place. But I think quite a few NTs do like them too.

What I always find weird is that there is so much dust in the air, so we must be breathing it, but we don't feel it and don't think about it until we see it lit up and floating around!

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)