Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 9:23 pm

I love to make animal noises as well. Since I have little kids people dont think its so strange. Its funny how much "aspie behavior" you can get away with without people thinking you are completely loopy when you have little kids around. :lol: .

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 12:56 am

catspurr wrote:
Did you make animal sounds as a child? If so, what animal sounds did you make? Did you ever replace actual words with animal sounds?

Do you still do that as an adult?

I confess, I still meow. :oops:

I acted like an animal more than I acted like a human. My favorite thing to do was pretend to be an animal. My favorite ones were horses, cats and dogs.

I believed I could fly like a bird if I wanted to badly enough. There was a time I genuinely believed anything could happen if I wanted it to. So I jumped out of the backyard sycamore and went straight to the ground.

Glasscutter
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jul 2008, 4:45 am

10 below, I was obssesed with with making growls and screeches and mum said to stop as it sounded like i was demon possed. :lol: :oops:

A laugh and an embarrassment.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 7:22 am

I make animal sounds, often when I play with fairly young boys I make growling noises, and they do it too. I also was doing a couple of rough ones with one and then I chucked a moo in and he started laughing, it is good to know that they are so easily amused. I also often make purring sounds, I think I may have some sort of subconcouse idea of acting like a cat of some sort, as I do it quite often.

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 8:30 pm

I made animal sounds all the time as a kid and still do

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 8:41 pm

How ironic... I was going to post a question about something very similar to this, refreshed the forum page, and someone posted which brought this one back up to the top, lol.

My son barks and makes... well, odd noises randomly, but very loudly. I have never really done it except playing pretend as a kiddo, so really don't know how to combat this one for school, lol. I have a feeling it is partially why he gets picked on, and he doesn't really know why he does it either. To me, it appears to be an awkwardness reaction... like, if someone asks a question he doesn't know how to answer, or if he wants to tell me something but not in front of other people... or when overstimulated in class (at least I think that is why).

Have any of you ever done it for these reasons? Have any of you found an "appropriate" substitute or way to cope to replace the noises?

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." -Luna Lovegood

09 Dec 2009, 9:21 pm

I sometimes make them. I don't know why.

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 10:12 pm

I can make all the sounds my cat makes (that are in human vocal range, anyway).

I can also bark at/with dogs, communicate play time, knock-it-off time, and whine.

Mostly, though, I talk to my cats all the time. I meow at the SO, too.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2009, 1:37 am

Not so much as a kid, more as an adult now that I live with cats. I find meowing (accurately, not just saying the word "meow") quite satisfying. My wife and I also learned a word from the cats that we use when frustrated: mrrf.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2009, 1:48 am

it is good to see people talking about animal noises.
a year ago i put up a thread on this topic and it seemed people were reluctant to respond.
I make fang signs, claw signs in public, growls, cat noises, barks and hisses and enjoy the sensory mimicry that comes with this form of expression. there is something direct and intense about it and yes, a little odd. I never grew out of it. and i doubt i ever will.

BoringAaron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2009, 2:08 am

I make meow sounds, but I think it's something everybody wants to do, but nobody has the balls to do it in public except me.

Owendust
Raven
Raven

10 Dec 2009, 4:13 am

When I was young I would make a sound like a cricket all the time. I'd shape my lips like I was whistling, but then I'd suck air in and let my tongue vibrate as the air flowed over it. According to my parents, I did a good enough job of imitating it that I actually fooled people into thinking there was a cricket around.

Lately I've somehow gotten into the habit of hissing/growling like a tiger or a panther whenever I break a toe. It actually seems to alleviate the pain.

Oh, and all this talk of meowing is making me think of Super Troopers (meow).

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2009, 4:25 am

I never did animal sounds but my daughter do it a lot.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2009, 5:51 am

yeh animal noises are great fun. i love doing that. my cat makes some really funny meows so i try to imitate and exaggerate the pathetic sounding nature of the meow he does when he wants food and his other meows. Chimp sounds are great too, with accompanying hand actions of course! not really tried much else but they are all fun.

now the real question, has anybody ever called any vegetable.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2009, 6:38 am

I used to do a lot of squeaking, back in the days that I had a very low opinion of myself, as a punker, who refered to herself as Sid from Flushed Away.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Oisin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Dec 2009, 7:45 am

I miauw like a cat. Bark back at dogs and like to speak as Bart Simpson. I also do other funny voices. I have a funny voice anyway I have been told, good for doing cartoons.