Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 7:48 pm

If I saw the Burger King guy I'd run. Its creepy.

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 8:07 pm

ilikedragons wrote:

yes it is...but not as scary as the fact that that king guy watches you when you sleep...and tries to look into your bathroom window...and...well you get the picture.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2005, 1:10 am

You're not gellin'.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 1:57 am

I don't really like commercials. There have been a few that I thought were good.

Has anyone seen the American Express commercial with Kate Winslet? I like that one. It describes things that have happened to her characters she has played in films without telling the film titles, and I think it is really clever. If I remember correctly it goes something like this (the italicised film titles aren't actually in the commercial, but those are the films she is referring to):

'At 17 I went to prison for murder (Heavenly Creatures)
By 19 I was penniless and heart broken (Sense and Sensibility)
I almost drowned at 20 (Titanic)
My mind started to go at 24 (Iris)
Then I had my memory erased at 28 (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
And by 29 ..... I was in neverland (Finding Neverland)

My real life doesn't need any extra drama
thats why my card is American Express'

Knasher
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Nov 2005, 1:37 pm

We used to have this set of adds for the national lottery in Ireland where a person would go on about what they would do if they won the lottery. The twist was that all of the things they went on about were crap, like this one guy who wanted to build car parks and charge huge ammounts of money or this women who wanted to buy all the horses in Ireland and set them free in a big field (and then some clounds for water). The tag line was "play the lotto or it could be them".
Those were classics...

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 7:34 pm

I also like the one for which ever restaurant which the song is "ooo ooo Yeah yeah, Uh huhh yeah yeah!"

Elk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2005, 7:38 pm

avis comercials the whale watching one is really funny. capital one comercials with that fatty and david spade haha

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 8:11 pm

I lov e the cavemen commericals..LOL

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 8:17 pm

I like the Capital One commercials. And the oatmeal guys as creepy as the Burger King guy.

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 9:11 pm

The old Sprite Commercials.
Image is nothing, Thirst is everything

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2005, 12:40 am

There's a good Aussie one, the Big Ad one. I'll see if i can find it on the web. Good one.

Here's the Url: http://www.bigad.com.au/

Henry David Thoureau, 1854

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 8:10 am

Bec wrote:
I don't really like commercials. There have been a few that I thought were good.

Has anyone seen the American Express commercial with Kate Winslet? I like that one. It describes things that have happened to her characters she has played in films without telling the film titles, and I think it is really clever. If I remember correctly it goes something like this (the italicised film titles aren't actually in the commercial, but those are the films she is referring to):

'At 17 I went to prison for murder (Heavenly Creatures)
By 19 I was penniless and heart broken (Sense and Sensibility)
I almost drowned at 20 (Titanic)
My mind started to go at 24 (Iris)
Then I had my memory erased at 28 (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
And by 29 ..... I was in neverland (Finding Neverland)

My real life doesn't need any extra drama
thats why my card is American Express'

That WAS a good one! Thanks for explaining which was which, I only got the Titanic, Heavenly Creatures, Eternal Sunshine and Finding Neverland ones (those being the only ones I've seen)

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 9:31 am

ilikedragons wrote:

The Burger King character is actually a resurrection of a character from an advertising campaign they did back in the 1970s when I was a kid. The character was called "The Magic Burger King" and he did magic tricks. It was Burger King's second effort(that I know of) to create a character to compete with Ronald McDonald. Prior to this, they had an animated character called the Burger King in their commercials, and even sold stuffed toys of him at the restaurants. My sister had one and it might be worth quite a bit on Ebay today if she still has it.

I recently learned the actor who portrayed The Magic Burger King in the commercials had previously portrayed Ronald McDonald. They did these commercials for a while, then they disappeared. I find it hard to understand what the current King is supposed to be, mainly because every time I see him, I think of the guy who did magic tricks.

Locally, we have alot of commercials for Jack in the Box and they have a character who looks like a jack in the box clown. You can see him here at http://www.jackinthebox.com.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 9:36 pm

I just saw the most awesome ad. I didn't see all of it but it played "love is in the air" in tha background and had a caption:

Love is in the air.

that changed to...

Actually, it's garlic.

Then cut to a picture of pillsbury garlic rolls. Which is unimportant. What is important is that garlic and love are not only unrelated but also somewhat incongruous. I mean, who's gonna kiss you after having eaten one of those rolls???

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2005, 1:07 am

*sings* Its. A. Big. Ad. Ver-ry. Big. Ad. It's. a. big ad we-re in...

It's a good ad! Check it out! Sing with me!

Henry David Thoureau, 1854