Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 4:09 am

I'm always too easily prone to stuff (it's a problem I've always had for years) and here's a few examples:

If someone asks me a question like "Do you believe in global warming", "What's your opinion on George W. Bush", "Do you like Family Guy", or "Do you like school", I always easily freeze up on those questions by not answering.

If it's some peer pressure-type thing, I (sometimes) easily do it.

If it's some extra-credit type schoolwork, I easily choose and do it.

If someone asks me to do something or go somewhere with them, I either do it or once again freeze up on that question.

If you wanna know what does "freeze up" parts mean, it means I always have trouble saying "yes" or "no" to people because I either don't want people upset at me or their feelings getting hurt (trust me, I've faced a ton of those problems at school last year (and possibly, this year, too).

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 4:24 am

I'm not a doctor, but you haven't described exactly what makes you think that these traits are autistic :scratch:

bluerodent
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2008, 8:11 am

Sometimes I hesitate with my response because I'm afraid that what I want to say isn't what the other person wants to hear, and I wonder how he/she will respond to my answer.

Bunni
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2008, 9:01 am

It is easier to respond to a concrete type of question, when the answer is obviously yes or no.

If the question is more open-ended, and then requires opinion to explain, sometimes the energy for that just isn't there. Or, sometimes I'd go off on a tangent in that case so that I'm specifically understood.

That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger, and really pisses me off.