Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 9:56 pm

It depends on how strong their accent is! If it's mild, I usually have no trouble understanding them. However, the stronger the accent, the more trouble I have figuring out what they're saying. Ethnicity doesn't seem to matter, btw.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Flipmode
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2008, 10:59 pm

I love speaking with foreigners regardless of the accent. I love to do and hear different accents.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 11:17 pm

It's funny, but I actually can. I seem to know what they want, even if they can't say it exactly. I guess this ain't an NT thing I have... :?

One other thing, I translated my brother's often bizarre way of saying things to my parents as a child. I knew picked up some of the replacement letters he used to use, one example was "free" instead of "tree." Now imagine this all over the place. There used to be so many expressions, I can't seem to remember them now, argh, but it was cool. 8) It's probably not uncommon, but reminds me of good times.

Omar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2008, 12:00 am

Omar finds talk'n with them foreign people to be very simple. They are very good at obeying simple commands like "sit", "stay" or "come", tho tell'n them to "fetch" usually results in lots of confusion.