Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 5:02 pm

Hello, everybody! Kyle "The Ghost" here. I am one who just HATES having his picture taken. I used to like it, but that disappeared around the time I turned 8. Now I avoid it whenever possible. I don't quite know the reason why, though. One possible explanation is that I'm afraid of the possibility of ridicule. Another could be the flash that some cameras have because a camera flash is even brighter when you wear glasses like I do. either way, I don't allow my picture to be taken if I don't have to.

Anybody have any thoughts?

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 5:10 pm

lol got it to dont think its autism related anyway i just hate the flash >.<
(hate it to stand on a picture to always did :s)

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 5:12 pm

I like having my picture taken, as I like the way I look. I don't like "posing" for a shot tho, face and body feel like they want to "jump" away... Most of the "posed" shots are me looking away, notice a few of my friends do this too.

MemberSix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 6:20 pm

I think the ridicule comment is spot on.

I don't like being photo'd (or photo-shopped ;) ).
I figure 'Why would anyone want a picture of me ?' ... I know I wouldn't.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 6:22 pm

I don't like having my picture taken...just don't like what I see if I recognize myself (not photogenic). I prefer being behind the camera! ;-)

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

legendoftheselkie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 6:52 pm

I HATE being photographed. I'm not photogenic- my face always comes out crooked, and now I'm starting to look old in pictures. You know at weddings, when they come around to each table with a camera, or worse, make everyone say something into a videocamera? I watch for the photographer and duck out to the bathroom when I see them coming. Taking pictures of people eating should be illegal! What kind of people want to have an album full of pictures of food that was digested and excreted years ago?

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:11 pm

I don't like it. For some unknown reason, my face freezes in this freakish expression if you point a camera at me. I end up looking like a cross between Elvis and rabies most of the time. Seriously.

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2008, 7:17 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Hello, everybody! Kyle "The Ghost" here. I am one who just HATES having his picture taken. I used to like it, but that disappeared around the time I turned 8. Now I avoid it whenever possible. I don't quite know the reason why, though. One possible explanation is that I'm afraid of the possibility of ridicule. Another could be the flash that some cameras have because a camera flash is even brighter when you wear glasses like I do. either way, I don't allow my picture to be taken if I don't have to.

Anybody have any thoughts?

i don't like having my picture taken!! 8O not at all..nope. it happens sometimes....but usually by my own hand...which I can usually be more "ok" about and in control of i guess.....but when someone else is taking my picture....verrry nervous...or i hide...i just don't like it...it seems so wierd to me for some reason.

but sometimes i am more ok with my picture being taken...for me it depends on the circumstance surrounding the picture...i guess....or my mood perhap

guess i can't help you on why...but I understand your feelings 8) :bounce:

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 8:56 pm

I hate having my picture taken. Part of it is shyness, and part of it is vanity -- I'm the most unphotogenic person I know.

Does anybody know why certain people are photogenic and others aren't? I used to know a girl who could walk into a room looking like something the cat dragged in, but if you took a picture of her she looked gorgeous! I'm the exact opposite: even if I look wonderful that day, I will look absolutely terrible in a photograph. What causes this?

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

TechPepsi
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2008, 12:37 pm

I do not like how I look, but I LOVE getting my pic taken... I too like getting into pother peoples pics as they take then I should have a sign says "I was in this picture" and then leave... i like to be humorous// its fun, not fun for them but its just fun..

I respect whom doesnt like to be on cam.. I dont like being on cam, if I am not warned.. like if I am asleep still.. or something but once I am awake...

LIGHT CAMERA FLASH

"cheese"

oh yeah I don't smile, since I can't so that makes it more fun "smile for the camera"

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 1:16 pm

I was camera shy for a long time...started sometime early in middle school, didn't end until somewhere around high school. Don't know what happened, it just sort of wore off.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Aug 2008, 1:38 pm

I dont like pictures of people and least of all pictures of me.. I can see myself anytime I want and dont need memorys of how i looked at any event. I prefer to see landscape pictures and wildlife pictures because these I cant see all the time.

I also am shy and havent liked being photographed since I was young.