Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

mysterious_misfit
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2008, 8:58 pm

I just remembered this, and it makes me sad for the little girl me.

In jr. high school sometimes a girl would sit behind me during unstructured times like school assemblies, or catch me in the hall. She would pull my hair and then say sorry right away. I would say, "It's OK." This would repeat over and over and over again. Pull hair, say sorry, me say it's OK, repeat. I was always on the verge of tears. I did not know how to deal with the situation, all I knew was to say "It's OK," when prompted with 'sorry'.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 9:19 pm

Man that's assholish.... :(

I remember in 5-8th grade having some problems with social stuff, touching other (lol I pretended to have airspace like a nation where my desk is and anyone who penetrates it got into some problems with me for example). Even in 7th grade people pointed out I was "unique" (wasn't diagnosed until 16, or me being a junior in HS.) Also forgot, in Chicago Public Schools there is no "Middle School" just Elementary School; Kindergarten-12th Grade.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 9:20 pm

I had a bully/friend. It was a guy who was a friend (this was back in Elementary after that 6th+ was Homeschool/tutors etc.) Anyway I'd want to go play with my friend Dallas he'd say no play with me and he'd physically hit me and when I said no I wasn't playing with him anymore he would literally get on his knees and BEG for forgiveness I'd say ok fine. (In 5th grade I heard he was put on medication for something not sure what) When I saw him again we hugged and he apologized of course when I called him he said he had been in and out of Juvenile Hall (or whatever it's called) and took a gun to school and shot the roof!! !!

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 9:41 pm

Maybe she had impulse control problems?

This story reminds me of Paul, from the Wayside School books, who constantly got in trouble because he couldn't keep himself from pulling on the braids of the girl who sat in front of him.

legendoftheselkie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 9:50 pm

I had a lot of trouble with bullies in elementary school until I beat up a couple kids who were bigger than I was. Word got around that if you picked on me, I'd go crazy and stop at nothing. By junior high and high school kids acted more civilized, at least the bullying wasn't physical. I was looked at as the smart, artistic kid- if I wasn't exactly popular, at least I got some respect. High school kids these days are much more vicious from what I hear- there's a whole culture of meanness with the Internet playing a big part.

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2008, 9:54 pm

legendoftheselkie wrote:
. High school kids these days are much more vicious from what I hear- there's a whole culture of meanness with the Internet playing a big part.

I am surprised at that with everything more politically correct these days. I thought those days were gone.

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 11:19 pm

JWRed wrote:
legendoftheselkie wrote:
. High school kids these days are much more vicious from what I hear- there's a whole culture of meanness with the Internet playing a big part.

I am surprised at that with everything more politically correct these days. I thought those days were gone.

No, no, no, political correctness only applies for the "right" minorities. I was in the hotbed of political correctness, and there was still horrible bullying at many points. If you're a problem kid, if you have some quirks, if you're overweight, if you're into the wrong, less popular things, or if you just look a little funny, you're still fair game, and no one, not even the administrators, can necessarily be depended on.

To the OP, sorry to hear about your troubles. :\ Sounds like she didn't deserve an apology at a certain point, or even to be able to sit near you. I hope someone told her off eventually.

As for myself, I have some really nasty bully stories, probably the worst parts being the indifference I got from my supposed protectors until I defended myself, and sometimes even their complicity. There'd be a lot to tell, though.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 11:59 pm

I only had so much patience. I remember one time someone pushing me just a little too far - I had a temper on me, but not this time. I quickly turned around and threw him against the door and grabbed a hold of his throat. Not sure what the look on his face was, but he never bothered me again. My sister was there with me so I think if it wasn't for her, I could have easily killed him.
Watching him struggle was interesting though. I only had one hand on his throat.

I can only presume he had fear or was scared for his life or was about to cry ...

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 12:23 am

Yeah I kicked a kid for hassling me too much one time. No one screwed with me after that.
Today I have a little martial arts training, but I wouldn't easily be driven to violence.

Bullying is lame, but then, maybe it makes us stronger.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 12:26 am

I had had it with Denise and Debbie Soderburg teasing me and I turned and ran after them, catching the slower Debbie whom I lunged at and caught her by the knees. She went down and I sunk my milk teeth into her calf right there at the meaty bulge until my teeth met. There was blood on her and blood on me and she was shrieiking and Denise came back and tried to pull Debbie away with me still locked on like a pit bull.

I had to wear a sign around my neck for all of third grade in Mrs Longnecker's class that said
"I bite" It was a cardboard sign and got pretty grubby and dog eared as the year went on. Once my mother showed an amazing side of her and helped me repaint in the words and put some glitter on it so it would be 'pretty'. Much later in High School I read about Hester wearing her Scarlett Letter and dreamed of getting out of Wichita, Kansas.

Robin

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 12:44 am

JWRed wrote:

the trolls' excuse is they're trying to "teach people lessons" and that "they don't attack decent people" and show them that "political correctness is wrong" and the like

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/magaz ... lls-t.html

http://themedium.blogs.nytimes.com/2008 ... tergeists/

Im a /b/tard and say some of the jackassery (trolling and f*****g with furries, for one) done by them is some BS. Note I said "some" as apparently I'm not the best either and did in real life and internet trolling (but not bad compared to some of the as*holes). Still can understand why they want some of those f*****s in jail, though I disagree with it (instead release IP and address, name, phone numba and .. :D ). Or sue them if need be.

If you mean people uploading vids of fights, on one hand I admit I like the vids; watch them on brickfist sometimes, though people are using them as showing how big they are so others cn taunt the loser (in those cases, bad...). People fight anyway nd instead they'd go to the place IRL so can't say for sure here.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 1:01 am

DISCLAIMER: the Following Post is a Joke.

BokeKaeru wrote:
No, no, no, political correctness only applies for the "right" minorities. I was in the hotbed of political correctness, and there was still horrible bullying at many points. If you're a problem kid, if you have some quirks, if you're overweight, if you're into the wrong, less popular things, or if you just look a little funny, you're still fair game, and no one, not even the administrators, can necessarily be depended on.

I don't remember too many incidents of s**t like that at my HS; they even had an unofficial Anime club and they didn't get f****d with. Though there was internal problems with them and the like. Plenty of Gossip, one of the guys I knew had lots of info on the social cliques and their politicking and the like, plenty of Gossip on each other. Apparently I managed to stay out of it; or the gossip didn't really focus on me (Advantage of NOT being "popular", they're too busy with their other stuff). Still made "Most Unique" for class of 2008 XD

There were asswads who f****d with me, when I went batshit insane and yelling they stopped f*****g with me. My my my, I know this guy called SWIM, that n***a'd like to choke the living s**t out of one (some?) of them for their sarcastic faggotry. Maybe SWIM would enjoy goimg postal and lock the doors to the school, place devices, set them off under the bleachers during Spirit Week and them go down in a blaze of Glory. For Great Justice! All to the theme of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBChDTEea8

Related to that, I think SWIM is a cool guy. Eh is willing to Martyr and isn't afraid of anything.

but I came out better than some people in the school, messed with less and there's stories from other schools in the suburbs (some guy claimed there was instutionalized rape in the Oak Lawn Community High School; cannot confirm it, so :?: ). Well I graduated from there early June, f**k YEAH!

And as a tip to the FBI agents who were tipped off here by Web Crawlers and the buzzwords. HI THERE PARTYVAN LOLZ Y U HEAR NO THREATS BAI!
EDIT: in case the FBI can't speak chanspeak and imspeak:
Disclaimer: hey, this entire thread is hypothetical and fictional and has no relation to real life activities.

End Joke.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 4:07 am

BokeKaeru wrote:
JWRed wrote:
legendoftheselkie wrote:

To the OP, sorry to hear about your troubles. :\ Sounds like she didn't deserve an apology at a certain point, or even to be able to sit near you. I hope someone told her off eventually.

As for myself, I have some really nasty bully stories, probably the worst parts being the indifference I got from my supposed protectors until I defended myself, and sometimes even their complicity. There'd be a lot to tell, though.

First of all, people AREN'T worse today. In fact, given my levels of preference, even the SHOOTINGS today are preferrable! I really would rather die than suffer. And that IS the reason why people commit suicide. Still, even when I was a kid, people threatened. There were movies about people bringing guns to school. Who knows if it wen't any further.

As for political correctness, girls are protected, but a boy attacking another boy of the same race/culture or one lesser protected is considered politically correct. In other words, males can't touch females, and whites can't touch blacks, but the reverse isn't true. And girls at least WEREN'T expected to touch other girls, though the idea of race/culture is accepted.

And YEAH, I still remember seeing girls braid one another's hair. It was almost like a bonding ritual. I don't think I EVER saw anyone using it to hurt a girl. Still, such ideas, of tormenting a girl by tuging or putting braids in ink, have been in comic strips and on TV for decades before I was even born.

I guess the idea of so many people and being politically correct just makes it more obvious and accepted. Technology makes such ideas and info spread more quickly.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 4:12 am

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
Yeah I kicked a kid for hassling me too much one time. No one screwed with me after that.
Today I have a little martial arts training, but I wouldn't easily be driven to violence.

Bullying is lame, but then, maybe it makes us stronger.

For some reason, I just always started at the same level again. It took a LOT to get me to snap. When I DID snap though, things cooled down. Alas, I was never in an area long enough to really build a reputation.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 11:11 am

bullying was just a part of school.....I was bullied constatnly and relentlessly starting in the first grade. Before the first grade I was just bullied by a pre-school teacher or so.

Alot of my bullies were guys. I was very sensitive and reacted very easily...and they found this to be very humorous. I think they practiced their important developmental bully skills on me. They were selodm to get in trouble it seemed...in first grade, the teacher bullied me too..and if I was teased by one of the jerks (who always ended up seated near me)...I would get in trouble too...

Second grade...more bullies...more guys....They would come and tower over me when I was trying to get stuff out of my desk and kick me or something.....The teacher had to defend me from the entire class making fun of the way I dressed...

I remember the bullying more vividly than the acutal "school" experience

Third grade....I was bullied by more girls...they would gather around me and humiliate me...I got 'pantsed".....my mental maturity was so stunted...they would treat me like a baby(i guess they practiced their important developmental child abuse skills on me)...there was the thing with all the kids cutting in front of me at the water fountain....Some girl told this boy that I liked him so he body slammed me at recess...and knocked the wind out of me.... :roll:
My nickname in the 3rd grade was "Pee Girl" :P

um....fourth grade.....nervous breakdown...sent back t 3rd...but before that....I was teased because I didn't know how to dress myself....and I had just started gaining my PTSD weight...I tried so hard to make a fresh start at the new school, but I was so oblivious...

Blah blah blah.....it goes on and on....

I was the plague...and if you were friends with me then you were the plague too..

In Jr. High...things slightly improved...I had gained some noteriety for having the highest standardised test scores in the school....that helped boost my self esteem just a tad....so I was not a complete wreck in Jr. High...i was placed in honors classes where the kids were slightly more intelligent and um...tolerant....but i was pushed down the stairs by some girls in my art class for not doing their assignment for them...and blah blah blah.....

then I switched schools...and was picked on by evil random dumb kids...in groups...but none were more viscious than the metal head chicks that were out for blood....or something...I dont' know wht they wanted...they would follow me home from school and then aggressively try to get me to come out...so they could kick my ass i guess...

Again I was saved by having some friends and by making it (with help from said friends)...into the gifted and talented classes...where I was teased in more intelligent ways by the snooty smart-ass NT-types in the class.....

most of the bullying stopped by High School... :wink:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 6:29 pm

I wonder why she would pull your hair? Sounds like she was flirting with you. Or had some sort of weird issue. I don't understand why she pulled your hair of all things. I can understand other forms of bullying, like, name calling and threats to beat someone up, the motivation people have, although I don't approve. But I wonder why she pulled your hair over and over and apologized over and over. What was the meaning there?

I am not trying to make light of the situation, I have seen people do the same thing and I ask myself the same question because I don't think of asking them why or think I will just get laughed at or mocked for asking them why they do that. Maybe it is an inside joke or it has something to do with the stuff they say to each other whenever I am not around? I don't know. When I think about stuff like this I often find myself second guessing this sort of strange behaviour and believing the conclusions I reach. I try to understand them.

The same sort of thing has happened to me. That and much, much more.