I believe that Autism Is 100% Genetic!

Page 15 of 15 [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 1:49 pm

BPD can totally be comorbid with AS... many female AS are misdiagnosed BPD. I haven't even seen a list of the BPD criteria to gather enough that you all even know what it is.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 1:50 pm

w/o gettin in to all that... you can think of it this way: AS can affect all personality types.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 1:57 pm

I'm not talking about personality types. It's Personality Disorders that doesn't really fit with ASD.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:09 pm

You've yet to give sufficient cause for that!
Fine; say it is your view, but why should the rest of us ignore the existence of co-existing personality disorders and as. Please, present an argument - don't just make a statement!

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:14 pm

Apart from my own personal understanding, it isn't listed as one of the diseases comorbid with ASD.

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:17 pm

I'd rather not continue in this discussion. Everyone has a right to their own versions of whatever.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:27 pm

aspiartist wrote:
I'd rather not continue in this discussion. Everyone has a right to their own versions of whatever.

Indeed, as well as a reasonable expectation to not be dismissed for having the beliefs when discussing it in a non-debate format. As for myself, I believe it is a genetic predisposition that can be affected by physical environmental factors during pregnancy and early infancy. If you don't want to continue, then excuse yourself and choose another thread - but your continued dismissive attitude doesn't contribute in any constructive manner to this conversation in my opinion. That is not said in relation to your content; that is valid as your belief.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:30 pm

This entire thread has gotten ridiculous. I completely agree with Ishmael that it's degenerated into some sort of berserk, surreal, angry and arrogant word salad.

This thread is corrupt, or possibly even cursed. Beware to those who dare enter, lest you suffer the curse of the 100% Genetic Thread and become bitterly enraged, yelling out nonsensical insults to all those that approach within 10 feet of you!

I hope the mods lock it up tight. It's starting to make people sad.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:33 pm

Agreed! Time to get out whilst the gettins' good!

Now, to take my own advice...

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:37 pm

I have expressed and supported my view well enough throughout and can't continue to repeat again and again what I have already stated. In terms of dismissive, interestingly enough, you have better done that here yourself.

Thanks because I'd like to see this come to close also.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:40 pm

Hey! I've already admitted to being dismissive! Twice!

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:43 pm

BTW - You people are a big part of what's wrong with Autism today and I think you did an excellent job validating my contention.

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 2:58 pm

aspiartist wrote:
BTW - You people are a big part of what's wrong with Autism today and I think you did an excellent job validating my contention.

repeat to self: don't get sucked back in...don't get sucked back in....don't get sucked back in....
Gah! I can't help it! What the hell do you mean by "what is wrong with autism today"?

??

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 3:37 pm

aspiartist wrote:
I'm not talking about personality types. It's Personality Disorders that doesn't really fit with ASD.

Just because you have a personality disorder... Doesn't mean that's not a type of personality. :wink:

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 5:15 pm

aspiartist wrote:
Apart from my own personal understanding, it isn't listed as one of the diseases comorbid with ASD.

And neither is the common cold listed as a disease comorbid with ASD. Most people are able to understand that the large majority of conditions/diseases that can be contracted by autistic persons are not included on any list of diseases comorbid with ASD, and that this non-inclusion does not confer a magical immunity to such conditions on persons characterised by autism. Still if you wish to infer that because cancer and diabetes are not listed as diseases comorbid with ASD, autistic persons must be magically immune to both these conditions, there's no crime in that.