Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 9:37 am

i am a bit confused. reading the posts here, i see that you people miss other people (animals), you enjoy, you get homesick and so on.

i changed my life with all the people around me several times and i never missed anyone of them. it's like whatever change happens in my life i accept it in the same moment as it happens. few months ago i left from portugal to france, i left behind me some admirable people who liked me, the apartment i liked, i had to throw out many things because i couldn't take everything with me and i didn't miss any of that.

now i read here how people complain about how they miss their dog and i just don't understand it. i understand that you love the dog being around, but once you are away, there is nothing you can do about it. you are there, the dog is at home, you cannot change it, so why do you miss it? just get used to it. accept the things for what they are.

do you people find it difficult to give orders to yourself not to feel an emotion? like when you miss something, just decide to stop thinking about it and it's all gone?

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 9:48 am

Because I suppose if you miss absolutely nothing about anything at all ever then it might be signs of an emotional problem.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 9:54 am

demoluca wrote:
Because I suppose if you miss absolutely nothing about anything at all ever then it might be signs of an emotional problem.

what's the point of missing something? i either have it or i don't have it. your post made me think whether i could miss something, i realized that there was this thing and it would be good to have it with me now, but i just cannot have it and so i cannot miss it. it's simple as that.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:01 am

tomamil wrote:
demoluca wrote:

what's the point of missing something? i either have it or i don't have it. your post made me think whether i could miss something, i realized that there was this thing and it would be good to have it with me now, but i just cannot have it and so i cannot miss it. it's simple as that.

It's an emotion, so I'd say it's pretty important.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:02 am

I'm fine with everything usually. I enjoy a lot though! I have emotions, most of them, I feel desire, sadness and all, but I don't care if I have to leave people. I usually don't talk at all to people I like or friends (that then become former friends).

I don't need the social interaction to feel content or happiness. I can really like people but never want or need to talk to them.

I sometimes have to think of something and then want it, but I don't get sad about not having it anymore which probably means I don't miss it?

I never once got homesick in my life too.

A new thing everyday.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:06 am

demoluca wrote:
It's an emotion, so I'd say it's pretty important.

why do you reckon emotions are important? are they?

Sora wrote:
I'm fine with everything usually. I enjoy a lot though! I have emotions, most of them, I feel desire, sadness and all, but I don't care if I have to leave people. I usually don't talk at all to people I like or friends (that then become former friends).
I don't need the social interaction to feel content or happiness. I can really like people but never want or need to talk to them.
I sometimes have to think of something and then want it, but I don't get sad about not having it anymore which probably means I don't miss it?
I never once got homesick in my life too.
A new thing everyday.

we are very similar then...

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 12:02 pm

tomamil wrote:
now i read here how people complain about how they miss their dog and i just don't understand it. i understand that you love the dog being around, but once you are away, there is nothing you can do about it. you are there, the dog is at home, you cannot change it, so why do you miss it? just get used to it. accept the things for what they are.

for me the thought of my dog dying was painful, I couldn't imagine that he will not be around anymore. then he was gone and I accepted it just a s you say, as a change and not much more. I find that most people don't understand the lack of grief in aspies and treat it as something disturbing and abnormal. it's better to act sad in front of them just for the sake of it.

I did get attached to my childhood friends though, I've known them for 25 years so for me immigration and separation from them was a bit hard. I only noticed it after 3 long years though when I didn't make too many good friends abroad and felt a bit left out for the first time in my life.