Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 5:05 pm

Aquales is my friend..we exchange books and videos and whatnots...he started coming to the old Super happy Fun Land...and he helped us move and all kindsa stuff....I am still an insufferable isolationist and not always very pleasant to be around...but he stops by the hot smelly messy cave once in a while...and he has been to a few of our art auctions and shows...

Then there are all the other people I met at our Houston Aspie attempts to meet up...

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2008, 5:51 pm

Loborojo wrote:
not a friend yet. I value the word friend too much, alas around the world, it's being abused all the time. Here I would call people who are friendly acquaintances...

I feel exactly the same way. A friend is someone that accepts you and is really there for you, not just someone who acts nice and talks to you every once in a while. The term friend is over-used in my opinion. But then, I don't feel like I have any true friends so maybe my opinion has to be taken with a grain of salt :wink:

WaxDeejay
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2008, 1:06 pm

WP has been a lifesaver for me...

At the last Houston WP get together I arrived at our outing early and had a
chance to have a conversation with an aspie couple about their life stories and
what it was like when they discovered they were autistic and how life has been
since then...

My conclusion via all this?

Being an NT is VASTLY overrated...

I'm just going to have to learn to love being an Aspie!

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Sep 2008, 1:24 pm

yes.
there are a couple people that i consider actual friends.

but i have not met anyone in person.

there are several people on WP that i find smart and interesting. i like to read their posts, i wish good things for them, but i haven't actually talked to most of these people. some i have exchanged a pm or two with, but in most cases i don't have anything to actually say beyond, "wow. i like you. you are clever."

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 1:39 pm

I haven't made friends with anyone on WP. I have another AS site, but not on here. Sometimes, that kinda bothers me, but other times it doesn't. There are several people on WP that I do like their posts, and what they have to say, though.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2008, 11:28 pm

not really. I was in a long distance relationship kind of thing with someone from here for a while, but that clearly didn't work out (my fault... and I needed someone who I could actually be with in real life anyway, but that's a different story...). But I haven't really made any friends on here. As hard as it is for me to make and keep friends in real life, it's harder to stay in touch with and stay interested in people I can't actually talk to in person or hang out with or whatever.

I used to have a whole group of close friends that I stayed in touch with for a while from another forum several years ago. I still talk to some of them occasionally, but not a lot.

marieclaire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2008, 12:05 am

I post a couple of people in PM ----- but it is nice seeing the familiar names of people who post on the forum - even if I don't talk to them personally.

I like to think that Strapples is a friend - and Ana has been a friend to me.

Oh and Spudnik is a cool guy, so is Kilroy.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 12:21 am

YES! I definitely have made friends on here. The onyl one I have met in person is my boyfriend. I'm so thankful we have this place, aspies really need a safe place to go to meet people and talk.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 4:43 am

I find it hard to make any sort of friends, IRL, on here or on NT forums.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 6:03 am

hale_bopp wrote:

Same here.

I think there is a lot of favoritism in this world.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 6:05 am

hale_bopp wrote:

Me too. I find very few people I have anything in common with, and then they reject me.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 6:06 am

Greentea wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Me too. I find very few people I have anything in common with, and then they reject me.

That happens to me as well.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Igor
Raven
Raven

12 Sep 2008, 6:55 am

I've not been on WP long enough yet.

On line I've thought I made friends, but they soon drift away as they do IRL. Never got my head round why that happens. You see these people with friends from school & college 10, 20 years after leaving, but I just don't get it.

Having said that though, a friend, who's in another part of the country now, got in touch and asked to meet up, as they were in my area 8O That's the first time anyone outside of family has contacted me to meet up in 20 years.

chtucker18
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2008, 8:34 am

no, i havent been on here that much, but i make friends easier on the internet than in real life. idk why that is. Maybe its because i dont talk that much. I am hanging with someone, the first time in over a year, this or next saturday, so thats progress.

chtucker18
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2008, 8:36 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Greentea wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

That happens to me as well.

yea me too.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 9:00 am

I would think that those I have a lot in common with would enjoy my company, but nope.