Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 12:58 am

I don't have any trouble flying. As a passenger, I mean.

I have never actually flown a plane, but I would try it (not solo, probably, but then I drive a car alone, and that scared the s**t out of me for a while).

I actually rather like flying... The bit that involves being in the air. Or at the very least, it can be a very pleasant experience, if you're on a decent airline.

The bit on the ground is usually very unpleasant, in particular the totally useless but maddeningly inconvenient security. (I absolutely loathe having to take off my shoes as they make one do in the US.)

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Sep 2008, 7:26 am

These are not commeracial airlines ,yet they are original Trainers fromm WWII. The ones i go in the most often is the AT-6 . A two seater .. Neverthe less i've been called early in the morning to go watch Tora Tora Tora practice once or twice.
I know several piolts whom fly with the group.

Valueman?Jeremy

prometheuspann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2008, 6:09 pm

Valueman wrote:
Does anybody have a problem flying? rather it be vintiage WWII aircraft or regular planes? I love riding / flying in vintage aircraft , it is a good thrill for the entire nervous system , lets me know it still works.

only while awake. Other than that i seem to fly just fine. OH... you mean airplanes....
:roll:

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2008, 7:22 pm

I love flying, hate airports. I got to fly in a B17 from WWII and it was amazing. I loved going into the plexi-glass in the front nose (Not really certain what the technical term is for the "nose" of an aircraft :P) But anyways, I wanted to go in the ball turrett but they wouldn't allow us. I love the feeling, so awesome.

mysterious_misfit
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2008, 8:09 pm

I have a problem flying too. I flap my arms, but I never get off the ground. I used to dream I could fly, but it's been a long time.

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Sep 2008, 10:54 pm

the reason being is that they don't want you to get stuck in it.

I 've got many new second familys at the CAF ! I belive they are a intircut group of people and it took ten mins ( no joke!!) to welcome me with open arms and to start feeding the bear . Thank you for the repiles!

Valueman / Jeremy

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 11:32 pm

I'm fine with the actual flying part.

It's everything before, after and aside from that that's bothersome to me. Once I get past the lines, the crowds, security personnel who don't often try to make things convenient, quick and painless for the people using the transport, stupid delays caused by people not having enough people or supplies onsite to make repairs quickly and before people have to be inconvenienced by them (like having airport personnel realize the plane is broken AFTER they load everyone on, therefore making passengers sit there for four hours while they fix the problem), people crowding me in on either side, stewardesses poking me and asking me whether I want something when it's clear I want to sleep and a whole myriad of other annoyances associated with air travel, flying is the easy part.

And that's why I'm going to be using trains after my college years are over and I'm back in my home state. Say what you want about trains in America, but Amtrak treats their customers like people, not like cows or like criminals waiting to happen.