Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

CreamSodica
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jun 2004, 1:43 pm

The desert is an empty place to be. Walking in any direction is esentially the same; except going one way, the sun shines at your face, and the other, at you back.

Last edited by CreamSodica on 04 Apr 2005, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparkplugloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2004, 3:28 pm

Hello Urie, and welcome on this site,

I have not been here for a long time, and I have not posted a lot either.
Sometimes, I visit websites and want to post because I find the topic interesting, and then I realize that the people there know much more than I do, and get along well, but it is normal because they have been exchanging messages for a while.

I have read your post, and I think I know what you mean because I know someone who was like you. They had about the same problems.
I look like you when it comes to the thoughts that you can not grasp.

You are eighteen years old, and still have plenty of time to be who you want to be.

I can not really organise my thoughts right now ; it happens sometimes. So my message may be a little confusing.

But if you want to talk, you can contact me.

Loy

Anyways I've said alot her, feel free to read any part and respond to anything I've said. I know some might find it boring, but I think its pretty damn interesting and it is ME!! ! and I finally had to post something somewhere.... Anyways I'm gonna go take a showa..eat....and hopefullly not spend all day surfing the web reading forums and watching movies...
BTW I know there are a lot of grammer mistakes here, but thats my style or writting and w/e..[/quote]

CreamSodica
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jun 2004, 3:34 pm

Thank you for replying. You are right about feeling confused sometimes, because when I'm happy I think very clearly and feel liberated and like I can accomplish ANYTHING!

Anyways, If you or anyone else wants to chat with me, I'll leave the wrongplanet chat on all day, and hopefully I'll catch people stepping in and out so we can chat. Otherwise any of you can reach me at CreamSodica on AIM.

Also, Alex or Mich or anyone that moderates this website, I think it would be a good thing to establish a designated chat time. That way everyone who wants to chat on here will have a pretty good idea of when others will be on....

sparkplugloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2004, 3:58 pm

Thanks for replying.
I tried to add your nickname on my AIM contacts list, and it did not work, so here is mine : laurence1987.

I think your idea to schedule a chat time would be a good idea.

Loy

Jake
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jun 2004, 4:26 pm

Hello, Urie. You're still young and you have reminded me of myself. You sound exactly like me at your age. Things will get better.

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2004, 11:40 am

Hello

How are you? I would doubt that you have Asperger's - almost solely because of the fact that you can read the facial expressions of others. Also - your range of interests is quite diverse. I would suggest that your use of marijuana may explain the "blank looks" on the faces of those you communicate with. If you have a predisposition to any mental-illness, the use of "weed" would be ill-advised, for THC aggravates such conditions. You would need to see a registered clinical psychologist in the states, but you may have a borderline personality disorder [you exhibit classic markers].

Dosvidanya

Tyrone Shoelaces

CreamSodica
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jun 2004, 2:58 pm

Tyrone,

Thank you for your reply!! !! I am reading about borderline personality disorder, and it has also raised a brow or interest. I completely agree that I need to get a diagnosis as soon as possible. I also would agree that I do not have AS, but I think I do display some of the symptoms of AS and that would put me somewhere on the spectrum. I can get INTENSELY preoccupied with some activity, IE (surfing) and think about it 24/7 and talk about it 24/7 for montths and months. I did this until I realized finally that it annoys people. But you are right, I can read body language pretty good, I just have difficulty judging it sometimes because I don't really trust others.

PEAS!! !

alex
Developer
Developer

30 Jun 2004, 3:47 pm

CreamSodica wrote:
Tyrone,

Thank you for your reply!! !! I am reading about borderline personality disorder, and it has also raised a brow or interest. I completely agree that I need to get a diagnosis as soon as possible. I also would agree that I do not have AS, but I think I do display some of the symptoms of AS and that would put me somewhere on the spectrum. I can get INTENSELY preoccupied with some activity, IE (surfing) and think about it 24/7 and talk about it 24/7 for montths and months. I did this until I realized finally that it annoys people. But you are right, I can read body language pretty good, I just have difficulty judging it sometimes because I don't really trust others.

PEAS!! !

I might be wrong, but I think I'm not that bad at reading body language and I was diagnosed with Asperger's. Maybe you do have Asperger's. I might be wrong, but it shouldn't be ruled out until you get a doctor's opinion.

CreamSodica
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jun 2004, 3:58 pm

I have a question for Alex or anyone that has been diagnosed with AS...

Can i go to any clinical psychologist to get this diagnosis, or do I need to find one that deals with Autism or AS specifically??! !

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2004, 11:32 pm

Hiya

Any Clinical Psychologist should be able to provide you a with a Psychological assessment - they will talk to you [also noting your body language, etc], family [if possible], and assess you by mean of Neuropsychological exam [if you are over 18 this will most probably be the WAIS Wechsler test]. He or she may also refer you to a psychiatrist to confirm diagnosis!

I tend to believe that one can learn to read "body language", but the facial expression is another story. For example, I usually know when a person is smiling by the way in which the corners of the mouth go upwards - this is not a failsafe method, as I have learnt. If you are able to read facial expression - i.e. you can tell when a smiling person could be being ingenuine, you are probably not autistic. There are mental illnesses, which mirror some of the symptoms - i.e. I suffered from depression before my official diagnosis - I was treated for depression until they were satisfied that my social issues did not stem from this illness alone.

Being isolated, needing sameness can be symptomatic of depression also! Anxiety is a major thing, which autistics often deal with! Do you? Do you have obsessive or ritualised behaviours - needing to do something! Not just feeling that you would really like to do something and doing it for that purpose - or because you can't be bothered doing anything else.

Like you said - find a Clinical Psychologist - if you can find some kind of government funding for this purpose, that would probably save you a LOT of money - Clinical Psychologists have high rates privately. You said you attend college/university - make an appointment with the Counselling service there - it is more than likely that they could refer you to a local mental health service to undergo assessment.

Best of Luck

asperoasis
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jul 2004, 9:31 am

Hi, I think everyone here will accept you! I like this community by first being observant, then I decided to sign on! Yeah! New to this forum.

Asperoasis :D

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 7:53 pm

Surf's up bro!! Riding the waves bro. Image Image