Fire alarms

Burglar alarms

Car alarms

All that loud noise.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 12:30 pm

I'll tell you what really annoys me. The suburb I live in blairs a siren every week at twelve noon on Saturdays. It is the absolute most obnoxious noise imagineable and they do it every single week. I don't think it's mandatory and kind of heartless of them since there are so many pets that are sensitive to that noise.
I understand they need to do it at times to test it, but why not test it once every two weeks? I don't think it's necessary to test it every week it's torture for those of us with sensitive hearing but they obviously do not care!

ann2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2008, 3:18 pm

Try screaming children. It's the worst.

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 3:20 pm

Alarms are intended to annoy you. That's the point. Otherwise they would be called Happy Gentle Music Makers.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 3:24 pm

YES!! !!

Even when I hear them on TV, I cringe. I guess it's that feeling ingrained in my head of *Time to get up and work the whole day*

Plus I am very sensative to loud noise.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 3:25 pm

this is a bit of a rethorical question on this forum...

AngelUndercover
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2008, 3:26 pm

I hate alarms! Even little ones like the ones some people's wristwatches have (though they're not nearly as bad as the really loud ones like car alarms). The higher the pitch, the worse it is.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2008, 3:28 pm

Fire alarms literally hurt my ears. Garunteed headache every time there's a fire drill.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 8:21 pm

Of all the things that get to me, none are worse than a smoke alarm. I don't know why. But when goes off, I get really violent. If I can't get a smoke alarm to shut off after a few seconds (you know - because I burnt a piece of steak or something), I will destroy the thing. I will literally grab something long enough to reach the smoke alarm and I will proceed to remove the thing from the face of the Earth. Smash the thing to hell and beyond.

Smoke alarms bother me THAT bad!